SaltCritters.com

pictures of my uncured live rock..

phishy11

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
people are saying so many things..

I think im just going to keep this live rock and later on buy 5lbs of quality (cured) live rock.

My LFS does not take live rock..i know someone who tryed to do so.

And i will get reef glue like suhi said..

Thanks for your reply though.

I

this is what i ordered..and now have..

http://www.etropicals.com/product/prod_Dis...amp;pCatId=1359

i had people tell me i dont even need live rock since im not going to be keeping coral or anenomes etx..

isent this better then nothing?

just get the 5lb of cured liverock and seed the rock you have now and wait until you see more growth on the original rock

ill get the reef glue tom.

and the 5lbs of cured rock in 2 weeks.

done.

there you go :) happy reefing

I apologize for posting live rock questions too much.

I just thought if i post more threads i would get more answers..

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Don't worry, I think if you have good flow and water with the addtion of live sand coraline will start to grow and that same concrete rock will disappear.

Don't worry, I think if you have good flow and water with the addtion of live sand coraline will start to grow and that same concrete rock will disappear.

i dont have live sand..

The rock will seed your sand so you dont need to worry about that,

have you seen the picture of my rock? lol

do u think it will?

LOL. All im trying to do is help you. If you want me to burn you I will. When you get the nice LR in two weeks it will seed your sand no problem.

LOL. All im trying to do is help you. If you want me to burn you I will. When you get the nice LR in two weeks it will seed your sand no problem.

haha.

2 weeks good?

or is that not soon enough?

hmmmmmm.....

and hey! should i get damsels??

Get whatever the hell you want but wait for your tank to cycle or else youll have dead fish and your cycle will be f'ed.

Get whatever the hell you want but wait for your tank to cycle or else youll have dead fish and your cycle will be f'ed.

ok,thanks thanks.=]

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Don't get damsels because they are real pests. They harass other fish to death including themselves.

You may not get much of a cycle from that rock. Not too much organic matter on it. If you don't get any ammonia registering after a few days, toss in a piece of raw shrimp.

The good news is, the rock will eventually look okay in time. It is workable. For reference, this is what good quality rock looks like.

DSCN0150.jpg

You may not get much of a cycle from that rock. Not too much organic matter on it. If you don't get any ammonia registering after a few days, toss in a piece of raw shrimp.

The good news is, the rock will eventually look okay in time. It is workable. For reference, this is what good quality rock looks like.

DSCN0150.jpg

i'll try and get 5lbs of rock like that..

So if the amonias high..throw in a raw shrimp?

amonia should be at 0 right?

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

I was surprised to see that etropicals gave you rock that looked nothing like they described phishy. "Coraline encrusted?" :angry: psssshhhh......... They probably brought in a jackhammer and crushed up a piece of sidewalk block while renovating their parking lot, calling it "recycable live rock" to any angry customers who asked.

HecticDialectics
i'll try and get 5lbs of rock like that..

So if the amonias high..throw in a raw shrimp?

amonia should be at 0 right?

If there is no ammonia you could throw in a raw shrimp. A raw shrimp will decompose into ammonia.

If I were you, I'd get $100 of some good quality rock to stack on top of those bricks.

Archived