Innovative Marine Aquariums

Proraptor's 60 cube thread #2! Reloaded

proraptor2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Izzue...I also cant wait to start fragging!

One thing I need to figure out is the design of my eggcrate shelves....anyone have any ideas?

make three pvc box frames, and seat eggcrate on top of them, securing with zip ties. Also use three pieces of eggcreate as well, just in case you need to get underneat, it will be easier. Also since it looks like you have a centerbrace, you can't just put one big peace in =)

Yeah I do have a centerbrace that Im kind of ###ed about....They screwed up and Im too wussy to cut it out....

Thanks for the advice..

woah my most favorite big tank =D

glad to see its still going well

remember this:

proraptorsig.jpg

that sig took me 10 mins to track down =P threw multiple photobucket accounts

Also use three pieces of eggcreate as well, just in case you need to get underneat

Great idea! :D I especially like the lights. ;)

-Mike B)

I ended up using 2 large pieces for the bottom level I also used 2 inch tall (1 inch PVC) for legs....

Im trying to get the o-flow in before I do the top level. I just need to drill the hole for the bulkhead...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
weird semi x asian is back........nice to see you again...How would I put that banner in my sig?

well it would not work anymore because its too wide

ill make it smaller in a sec

edit: k

proraptorsig2.jpg

type

[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Semi_Monk/proraptorsig2.jpg]

when u go to My Controls --> Edit Signature

• 2 weeks later...
proraptor2

Thanks man....

I had a buddy drop off a 10-12 inch monster clam last weekend into the prop tank.....Its so awesome!

proraptor2

Yeah I set up the ATO and it works awesome.....As for pics Im too lazy! LOL

BTW: That stupid large clam went sexual on my last night and started spewing tons of white water.....I isolated the prop tank from the main tank immediately....Did another 15 gallon water change (I did a 15 gallon water change earlier that morning) and put the dang clam in a bucket, with powerhead, heater, etc....

Im kind of scared to put it back in my tank!

Yeah I set up the ATO and it works awesome.....As for pics Im too lazy! LOL

BTW: That stupid large clam went sexual on my last night and started spewing tons of white water.....I isolated the prop tank from the main tank immediately....Did another 15 gallon water change (I did a 15 gallon water change earlier that morning) and put the dang clam in a bucket, with powerhead, heater, etc....

Im kind of scared to put it back in my tank!

means the clam was stressed out as hell, run lots of carbon and place the skimmer on full blast

Hey very nice tank!! I am curious as to who you configured the sump under the stand of the original 60 gallon cube. This is my dream tank but I am not sure how to do this... Any help would be great!! THanks !!!!

GM

hi,

i am setting up a 40g breeder this summer and wondering what youthink of the lifereef skimmer. I am in a struggle to decide between the lifereef and a tunze 9010. This tank will be in my bedroom and i have heard the lifereef may make noise. I like the idea of the lifereef because it does not require a proprietary pump. It also seems like it is a set it and forget it skimmer.

I like the tunze because its small, set it and forget it and is quiet. The downside may be it requiring more cleaning of the skimmer body than the lifereef and the fact a replacement pump is 240 dollars.

proraptor2

ezcompany - Yeah it was stressed.....I did a 30 gallon water change, ran carbon, and my skimmer pulled out 3 full cups of skimmate in about 3 hours...The tank is fine now....

garrettm - The trick to fitting a sump under a 60 cube is building the stand a little bigger to fit a 24 inch sump in there....That or you are going to have to build a custom sump...

sayn3ver - I love my lifereef skimmer and wouldnt trade it for anything else....Everyone has their opinions on what quiet is and I think the life reef is quiet...Not to mention its a set it and forget it skimmer which is the selling point for me...Im running a mag 12 on it right now and its kicking major butt...

BTW: My icecap wiring harness is old and the plug melted....So I have no lights over the prop tank right now....I have a new icecap 660 harness on the way from marine depot though....Thank you mike dege!

any pic of the big-o-cranky clam? :lol:

I always see a couple of clams the size of a basketball in my lfs. But their mantle is usually white-silverish with brown lines.

i made your signature clickable.

sorry if you've answered this but... where'd you get the prop tank stand?

firstimereefer

Hye proraptor,

I know there are not a lot of 60G cubes out there and I recently became the proud owner of one. I promissed my fiancee I wouldnt setit up until we move this summer., but I am looking to yours for inspiration. I am slowly collecting everything I need for the tank. I bought a helios 150W hgi with 2X24W PC, and I have a coralife skimmer on the way. I am trying to figure out what I want to do about a fuge and sump. What do you think about those sump fuge combos you can get off ebay? But anyways I will let you know when I finally get that thing up and running.

Archived