SaltCritters.com

Proraptor's 60 cube thread #2! Reloaded

proraptor2

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pro - do you have any issues with low flow in the front of the tank?

i have a cube in the works and recenty setched out the footprint to scale. doing that made me realize that it is a long way from the back nozzles up to the front of the tank. i was looking at doing an 18" cube with the panworld 50px-x hooked up to an om squirt for my closed loop and the 40px for my sump return. i am thinking that will be plenty of power to get the water moving around in there but i am querying other cube owners to see if they had any issues.

Ok guys I got the plumbing done on the prop tank (thanks mike dege for coming over and helping). The prop tank should have water and light by next weekend....

Im going to let the prop tank run for a week or 2 by itself then open the ball valves in between the 2 tanks to make them one large system

Ok guys I got the plumbing done on the prop tank (thanks mike dege for coming over and helping). The prop tank should have water and light by next weekend....

Im going to let the prop tank run for a week or 2 by itself then open the ball valves in between the 2 tanks to make them one large system

pics pics pics

SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to see it in action B)

Izzue

Im at work so I dont have pics yet....Plumbing was a pain....Beer helped!

mikedege - just for that Im going to put your undata in the garbage disposal when I get home!

Im at work so I dont have pics yet....Plumbing was a pain....Beer helped!

mikedege - just for that Im going to put your undata in the garbage disposal when I get home!

Im holding your lights and heatsink hostage, as we speak!

:lol:

HAHA....I went ahead and screwed the clip on the reflectors yesterday also....I also started the light hangers but need to finish them...maybe tonight...

light hangers are done just need to be sanded and painted...I now need to build my lighthood....

The new prop tank is slowly filling up with water....

light hangers are done just need to be sanded and painted...I now need to build my lighthood....

The new prop tank is slowly filling up with water....

Is it full yet?

-Mike B)

The prop tank is full of water and is running....The fuge has the sand, live rock, chaeto in it along with the fuge light. (Ive even thrown a candy cane in there as an experiment) The old fuge is filled with some rock rubble and some frags right now that will eventually go to the prop tank then be converted into a xenia filter.

I had to throttle the mag 9.5 down about half way but hope to be able to open it back up when I open the other exit of the drain (to the display tank).

You know whats weird though is I dont even have the o-flow on the tank yet just the 1 inch 90 inside the tank pointing down. I was thinking that the water level would be low inside the tank because of this but the water level is perfect.....

I have the light hangers built but need to build the light enclosure for the T5 HO's....

Mike - Are my black clowns still alive?

Mike - Are my black clowns still alive?

I think, by now, they've made it to the pacific ocean! (crosses fingers)

-Mike ;)

I think, by now, they've made it to the pacific ocean! (crosses fingers)

-Mike ;)

I knew you would kill them....Im going to turn you over to PETA!

Your undata is sitting on my porch...BTW it has grown a lot since Ive put it in my tank......Ive already fragged it 4 times

Needreefunds

Very sweet looking cube Proraptor. Excellent job on your hood and stand. Looking forward to pics of the frag set up. Great shots of your livestock also. Best of luck to you with the frag tank.

Very sweet looking cube Proraptor. Excellent job on your hood and stand. Looking forward to pics of the frag set up. Great shots of your livestock also. Best of luck to you with the frag tank.

Thanks man I appreciate it.....Your small cube looks like its moving along nicely....

I opened the ball valves between the tanks and everything seems to be ok....I have some frags in the refugium under the new tank and they are doing fine...Im going to get lights up on it this weekend...

Archived