Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

*BROKEN*Finnex 22 Gallon Glass M-Tank*BROKEN*

HammyDavisJr

i'd have him be really clear on that so theres no mistakes later on.

consider the dims of the 22 and 30 though. since you're working in 3dimensions, i doubt you'd get that much more room from the 30gal. what you would get is another 8gals and more of a pain in the ass with larger water changes.

Insist on that finnex glass, it's pretty nice. I wouldn't settle at this point, not with all the alternate options you have.

nips

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HammyDavisJr
i'd have him be really clear on that so theres no mistakes later on.

consider the dims of the 22 and 30 though. since you're working in 3dimensions, i doubt you'd get that much more room from the 30gal. what you would get is another 8gals and more of a pain in the ass with larger water changes.

Insist on that finnex glass, it's pretty nice. I wouldn't settle at this point, not with all the alternate options you have.

nips

Here are my choices as I see it.

1.) Finnex has another 22 gallon glass M-Tank in their supply. They ship out only the tank and I pick it up and rebuild.

2.) Finnex has no more glass 22 gal M-Tanks available, but they do have a 22 Gal Acrylic one they can ship out. Not sure if I want acrylic.

3.) Finnex has no more glass or acrylic 22 Gal M-Tanks in stock, so I get store credit from my LFS for the full price I paid.

3.) Use store credit to purchase new tank and pay difference

4.) Screw the store credit, give me my money back, order a cad lights tank.

I'm not worried about getting screwed. When I spoke to the owner yesterday the first words out of his mouth were, "What do YOU want to do?"

I said, "I'd like a replacement 22 gal GLASS tank from Finnex, but I don't think they have any more...."

He said he'd call them to see if they have one they can ship out, if not, I told him we'd discuss it further.

acrylic is nice in that it's clearer and lightweight, plus less prone to leakage. However it scratches like a MF cat on a drunk's harble. I've seen those finnex glasses and they're quite cute. I don't really appreciate your standard run of the mill acrylic tanks. But that is just me.

Ive kept so many tanks, and if I go acrylic the panes have to be really thick. I guess I just prefer glass for ease of cleaning now. There is little sense in letting a hobby you enjoy become a chore.

My advice: buy glass from nanopaul, build own tank. See if the owner will cut you a good deal on the light and filtration you already have.

If you're not diy savy, go custom acrylic from socal or get the cadlight. though i have notice more and more complaints about cadlight these days. company is growing too fast or something, i dunno.

But I'd try to stay on the good side of that lfs. Most all-in-one tanks suck anyway. And since you have so little of the ocean, why not have the best you can within reason?

just my 2 cents

donreefer

the cadlights tanks are "sold out" until next month, says on the website. think they were growing a bit too fast or something. i think either one you choose would be great between the m-tanks or the Cad tanks. i have the 34G cad and i love it so much, but choose what best suits you.

HammyDavisJr

My LFS has the Finnext 30 gallon with T-5 lighting and the fuge in stock.

Gonna pick that up this weekend.

HammyDavisJr
30g glass or acrylic? Good find either way! B)

I picked up the 30 gallon acrylic last night. The T5 lights are pretty sweet...so is the fuge light!

I'm probably not going to set it up until this fall, so I don't have to deal with temps.

I'm going to start recuring my rock this weekend. I'll just set it up in the basement in a Rubbermaid tub with a heater and powerhead. My friend will give me some rubble from his tank to help seed it.

Who am I kidding...once I get a new top for my stand cut, I'll probably set the damned thing up...

I picked up the 30 gallon acrylic last night. The T5 lights are pretty sweet...so is the fuge light!

I'm probably not going to set it up until this fall, so I don't have to deal with temps.

I'm going to start recuring my rock this weekend. I'll just set it up in the basement in a Rubbermaid tub with a heater and powerhead. My friend will give me some rubble from his tank to help seed it.

Who am I kidding...once I get a new top for my stand cut, I'll probably set the damned thing up...

That's not a bad plan though, let the new rock cure for about a couple months with some already seeded rock, then you won't have to worry about cycling or even many hitchhikers once you set up the tank. B)

Needreefunds

Glad to hear that your hooked up Hammy. Will be looking forward to your new tank thread! (In the fall??? :( )

Archived