SaltCritters.com

My 75gal FOWLR tank

05XRunner

Clowns DO host condies :P

yeah clowns will try and host a condy, but most condies don't want to be messed with and in some cases will EAT the clown attempting to host. in other cases, like with an aggressive maroon (now wasn't that redundant ;P) or clarkii the clown will kill the anemone when it doesn't open up and accept it. occasionally people get lucky though.

once again it seems without 1000w cant have anything.

Do you people really think in the ocean like 20-30feet down there is an intense amount of light.

you're quite the prick.

If you want to keep any somewhat difficult high light corals metal halide is going to be the most economical source of light for you. but what do i know.

you're quite the prick.

If you want to keep any somewhat difficult high light corals metal halide is going to be the most economical source of light for you. but what do i know.

:lol::haha: Where did I say ANYTHING about some hard to keep corals.

Because i never said anything about a coral. I wont ever spend that kinda money for lights..200 was enough.

and bta's cost about $40 a pop. by the time you've killed 2, you coulda bought a good used metal halide with $280, or even hqi if you're lucky, set up off of ebay or craig's list or something.

:lol::haha: Where did I say ANYTHING about some hard to keep corals.

When you said you wanted to keep an anemone for your clowns :flower: Try not to be so defensive, they're just trying to help.

And you're right, I would be concerned with the puffer eating the clowns (I've already made that mistake in the past, only the puffer ate damsels, but basically the same thing).

I would suggest that you look into one of those brinks security light metal halide mod. I think you could put one together pretty cheep.

It would help your chances in keeping an anemone. I have a pair of false percs and they killed my 1st condy and I just thought it died. I cought them doing the same thing to the second one and got it into a friends tank before it died.

I would also try to open up the rockwork more to get better flow throughout the tank and around the rock otherwise you are just creating dead spots and that is bad.

Where did I say ANYTHING about some hard to keep corals.

you said you wanted an anemone which actually needs more light then alot of corals. I dont know if you knew that but anemones need good lighting just like hard to keep corals do. thats probably what he meant. Although not a coral anemone's are not easy to keep so they are considered hard to keep. they need really good water conditions also along with high lighting. dont take this rude but do some research before you buy lights that wont work for what you want. if you would have you would see that you need t5 or mh to make an anemone happy in your size of tank. good luck :)

Archived