Coral Vue Hydros

My 75gal FOWLR tank

05XRunner

Well this is the tank as of now..I just added the 30lbs of rock yesterday.

Going to add probably another 50lb or so soon.

The rock i added was only dry base rock. I only have 3 chucks of live rock in there as of now.

IMG_1132.jpg

looks nice..

i love puffers but i never had any luck with them... :/

how is yours doing?

they are so personable.

nice tank... i'll own a big FOWLR on day for some angels and stuff

he is doing good..just got him today.

I had a Porcupine many years ago and I loved it. was a GREAT fish...very personal. eat out of my hand and all. Lived for few years till I moved and he didnt make it.

All my fish seem to get along great. Dragon wrasse, 2 false paired percs, puffer and sarget major damsel.

I am pretty sure the Clowns are gonna move into my 20gal tank once I aquascape it for them cause I dont wanna take a chance the puffer to eat them when it gets larger

Dude invest in some good rock, the sooner the better. Your rock will just get better & better as time goes on. And make everything in your tank much happier.

Dude invest in some good rock, the sooner the better. Your rock will just get better & better as time goes on. And make everything in your tank much happier.

OHHH yes I am

I am ordering 30lb of this stuff this week i think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-PREMIUM-CURED-FI...oQQcmdZViewItem

I just wanted to make a base with something that was cheaper then add good live rock ontop to seed the other stuff

Update on the tank

I got about 45lb of base rock in there..picked up a 6lb chunk of live rock the other day in the right side of the tank. has its own natural cave in it and such.

Ordered my Orbit 48" 4x65 light wich ships today...Cant wait till that comes in

IMG_1332.jpg

because thats what i did..and its been going on 3weeks with the fish and they are doing just fine.

Also didnt know fish needed super amount of light to make it.

Why is it everyone acts like unless you got 1000w of light you cant keep anything but a blind cave fish

because thats what i did..and its been going on 3weeks with the fish and they are doing just fine.

Also didnt know fish needed super amount of light to make it.

Why is it everyone acts like unless you got 1000w of light you cant keep anything but a blind cave fish

I didn't mean to suggest you can't keep fish without light. I'm sure you could just have the light in the room for a FOWLR. Personally though I don't see the benefit in adding fish before live rock since live rock is the main means of filtration, especially if its coming in the mail there will be a lot of die off.

I didn't mean to suggest you can't keep fish without light. I'm sure you could just have the light in the room for a FOWLR. Personally though I don't see the benefit in adding fish before live rock since live rock is the main means of filtration, especially if its coming in the mail there will be a lot of die off.

very true. die off might kill things. also, why did you order a light like that for a fowlr tank....sounds like algae trouble to me.

I never ordered any of that rock..I just have afew pieces of live rock i bought at the store and I have 45lb of the dry base rock. So i could save money.

very true. die off might kill things. also, why did you order a light like that for a fowlr tank....sounds like algae trouble to me.

I agree that there's probably a better chance of algae with PC's, but there's a lot of people that are running them. Halides, on the other hand, would be overkill. Just my $.02

Mel

its a green bahama star. No the puffer doesnt nip at any of the polyps he minds his own business and just stares at me.

I dont know if they nip anemones or not..

its a green bahama star. No the puffer doesnt nip at any of the polyps he minds his own business and just stares at me.

I dont know if they nip anemones or not..

What type of puffer is he?

the puffer won't touch the anemone if the clowns are hosting in it. the won't let him. but 260w of pc lighting over a 75 isn't going to cut it for a bta or most other hosting anemones.

Yeah, in a tank that size Metal Halide is a necessity.

Oh, and the fake plants are kind of cheesy... but good luck with this.

once again it seems without 1000w cant have anything.

Do you people really think in the ocean like 20-30feet down there is an intense amount of light.

once again it seems without 1000w cant have anything.

Do you people really think in the ocean like 20-30feet down there is an intense amount of light.

no. that's why bta's aren't found 20-30 feet down. you'll find condy's all day long, but they won't host an clowns. there are different reef zones, and different corals in each. high light corals and anemones are not typically found 20-30 feet down.

Archived