Cultivated Reef

Sea Hare!

hollister_08

It could be that you bought it from fosters and smith...

if that is, infact, where you got it from...

We had these guys in our store for ages but it wasnt like they had loads of algea either....

No acually i bought it at a store i go to they had a couple in a tank up there!!!

I had a sea hare once!

It got stuck on my pump and when he started to fall off my cleaner shrimp played with him. Then all at once the sea hares back open and purple ink POOORED out the back of it making my 40g purple! Let me tell u what a scare!

I did major water changes!

I had a sea hare once!

It got stuck on my pump and when he started to fall off my cleaner shrimp played with him. Then all at once the sea hares back open and purple ink POOORED out the back of it making my 40g purple! Let me tell u what a scare!

I did major water changes!

That has to suck!!! So did the hare live, or didit die???

how big was the one you bought?

I would get an itty bitty one to start with... I'm sure the big ones need lots of algea

It was about 4-5", But i had plenny of algae to last him for probly a couple of weeks, then after that i would have transfered him to my parents 80gal when i ran out!!!

Yes, My sea hare fell to the ground. As I was running around on the phone thinking of what to do about 15 crabs were on him eating him so he was dead for sure.. I got him out of the tank and there was still purple in him..

Yes, My sea hare fell to the ground. As I was running around on the phone thinking of what to do about 15 crabs were on him eating him so he was dead for sure.. I got him out of the tank and there was still purple in him..

AWWW that has to suck!!!!

mandarin dragonet
And what will you do when the algae runs out?

no offence, but all you did there was make an obvious statement which didnt really help. i see the point of it, but you could have put something constructive.

Archived