Coral Vue Hydros

Sea Hare!

hollister_08

hollister_08
And what will you do when the algae runs out?

My parents have a 80gal reef tank i cant put it in after he cleans my tank up!!!

Here are some pic of the guy...The sec i put him in, he went after my algae!!!

Man Mr. fosi... you beat me to it... Also, don't just pull it off of a rock, it can liquefy its skin to get into the rock... you can tear its skin if it's in a hole...

hollister_08
Make sure you cover all pump intakes with sponges or nylon screen.

Sea hares, and many other soft-body inverts, are very easily caught and sucked into pump intakes.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...amp;hl=sea+hare

Ya the only thing i have is a overflow box, but that is covered with pany hoes, because my clown would get suckd up in it at night because he got to close, so i fixed the problem!!!

Man Mr. fosi... you beat me to it... Also, don't just pull it off of a rock, it can liquefy its skin to get into the rock... you can tear its skin if it's in a hole...

Ya i will remember that!!!

I got one of these the other day and its eaten all my bryopsis and algae already.

Taking it back to LFS for a credit in a week so she can go on to do further good deeds :)

Welp, guess what!!! Its dead, $20 down the drane, it only lived 2-3 days!!! But i dont know why it died?? It was kinda sreveled up, and its back was like sticking out, like it has started to blow up into a ballon or something!!

Salinity shift?

They don't usually live for very long.

I just did a 4gal water change monday!!! I made the salinity a little high because the salinity in the main tank was a little low!!! Could that be it???

Helfrichs Chick
Ya the only thing i have is a overflow box, but that is covered with pany hoes, because my clown would get suckd up in it at night because he got to close, so i fixed the problem!!!

Panty Hoes! ROFGLMAO! Sorry "dude" just about fell outa my chair at work over that one! hahahahahahahahahahahaha,

Could be... what was your tank salinity/specific gravity & what was the change water?

Since you made the water a higher salinity, it may not have physiologically been able to compensate fast enough. Ballooning outward could be evedence of outward osmatic pressure.

Man you're lucky that it didn't secrete it's ink or poison when it died. That could have been bad, they do that just like that when they're scared too. Sucks it died though. Nice Tank BTW.

~Ryan

Panty Hoes! ROFGLMAO! Sorry "dude" just about fell outa my chair at work over that one! hahahahahahahahahahahaha,

Its alright i know its funny, but its the cheapest way to asfe my clown from getting suck in it again!!! lol

Hoes, like the kind you hit with a wire coat hanger, as opposed to hose which is what a lady qould wear on her leg or you would water your garden with. ;)

Could be... what was your tank salinity/specific gravity & what was the change water?

Since you made the water a higher salinity, it may not have physiologically been able to compensate fast enough. Ballooning outward could be evedence of outward osmatic pressure.

The main tanks salinity was about 1.022, and i mixed up my water at about 1.024..... So about the outward osmatic pressure??

Hoes, like the kind you hit with a wire coat hanger, as opposed to hose which is what a lady qould wear on her leg or you would water your garden with. ;)

Like the kind you wear on your leg!!

Shouldn't be too bad, even for nudibranchs.

Outward osmatic pressure from the water (& the ions that constitute the salt) in the nudi's body trying to escape from the area of lower concentration (lower SG, in the nudi) to an area of higher concentration (the higher SG water).

Shouldn't be too bad, even for nudibranchs.

Outward osmatic pressure from the water (& the ions that constitute the salt) in the nudi's body trying to escape from the area of lower concentration (lower SG, in the nudi) to an area of higher concentration (the higher SG water).

O ok so do you think he died from that, by the way it sounds??

I suppose it's possible, but given the small change in sg (4g of 0.002 SG difference into 30g) I would say no.

Then i really dont know!!! Nothin in my tank would pic on it, and i havnt seen anything really go near it...

You did not explain your acclimation procedure. This could have made a big diffrence.

I acclimated him for about 35-40 mins, added about 3/4 cup of water after 15mins, then every other 5-10mins....

It could be that you bought it from fosters and smith...

if that is, infact, where you got it from...

We had these guys in our store for ages but it wasnt like they had loads of algea either....

Archived