Innovative Marine Aquariums

my 125G reef ready

mattyice

yeah im going to add a sump next to it, in a cabinet with the protein skimmer and bubble traps and then it will flow into the sump under the tank where the fuge is and where the return pumps are

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mane no one has comments for my tank

Yeah no one comments on mine either. Oh well

your tank is looking good, in the fts shot it looks much larger then a 125

yeah it seems larger i think because of the rockwork, i plan on getting some zoa rocks and mushroom rocks also, even going to add a micromussa rock

I have the case of beer 125. It will be on the back burner for a while but I want to start drilling my holes and all. Can you post pics of how yours is drilled and maybe even throw in an explanation of what they are for.

looks good so far! btw, halides tend to burn at a little bit higher K for a couple of months, so the 14k's are actually burning somewhere around 15-18k. they will whiten up over time (although you probably won't even be able to notice without before and after photos :P).

haha i had no time for before and after photos, it all got rushed and setup in 1 day, just took forever since i started this thread lol,

juanhunglo69 i deffinitly do not recommend drilling a 125, the bottom is most likely tempered and it will shatter into about 1 million tiny pieces, the best is to buy a hang on tank overflow and run the return and supply lines behind the tank, my tank was predrilled from the factory with those overflows you see, i didnt drill the tank and would be afraid to

i have a few more pics i can post up later tonight, i rearrnged the whole tank and took out all of the fish to treat for ich, i went to the best aquarium store in the world...Salty Critter and bought 2 nice pieces of shelf rock to finish off my rock, total now i have about 160 lbs if not more, my flame angel, clown pair and one of the anthias were killed in the massive ich outbreak, i plan on restocking the tank with 5 more anthias, a wild caught oynx pair and one other showpiece fish of which im not sure what it will be but it will most likely be either a regal or majestic angel. i added a large gigas clam that is about 7" long and i divided up my branching fragspawn colonies to the pinkish/purple dominating the right hand side of the tank and the green on the middle left, i really need the frag some of it out as it has grown to be 30+ heads at least

I understand. My 46 bowfront thread has just reached the third page and it's been up here for 8 months. I've gotten more replies to it since I added the link to my signature.

yeah im still finishing up the hood, I am also in the process of building a taller 36" stand and getting a 55G sump and replacing my skimmer with a bubblemaster 250

my microbubble problem was solved by a homemade egg crate filter media tray that i made and it also helps pull out the extra food and algae, i change it once every 10-14 days usually, and pro your 60G cube is looking good, thanks for the props on mine

as for livestock plans they have changed to being a imperator angel, my sohal (named Tank because he is tough and as wide as one), 6 iginitus anthias, 3 pictilis anthias, and a pair of either onyx or picasso clowns

Wow! Looks nice!

I am also in the process of building a taller 36" stand

Do you mean you're going to tear it all down again to move it to a new stand?

I love this tank! The lighting really compliments the aquascape and is the perfect shade of blue/white B). The shoal of anthias must be very amusing to watch. Do you think the water changes are a pain at that size of tank?

if onyx yes, if picasso the canton petco can pull through for me

i have all of the rocks marked so i know where each rock goes, its either that or redo the plumbing to a nice 36" tall cabinet and keep the skimmer in there, i can go with a better and bigger sump and the bubble master will be ready when i upgrade the tank to my 500G one and use the 125 as a sump

500G FOWLR and peaceful fish wont be that bad, having a 100 GPD RO/DI system helps alot, the maintinance is actually easier then on any nano's i have had because its much bigger, my sohal does quite a good job at destroying any algae in the tank and having so few fish for such a large tank really helps, water changes are easy because i can get 50G mix oceanic salt for $19, not thats bad i do about 25G water changes every 3 weeks, also having a few large clams helps keep nitrates down

Archived