Top Shelf Aquatics

Werid BTA behavior

Tentacles

hollister_08

I dont know dude... I never saw the post of the power head!!! But im guessing that has something to do with it... And maybe its just trying heal itself like you said, but id wait and see how it does the next couple of weeks, and then post another forum on here!!!

yea i remember you showing that to me in the thread i started about when my anemone got stuck, the foot didnt get hurt, so I think Ill let it do its thing for a few more weeks and run some tests and just hope for the best.

thanks guys

hollister_08
yea i remember you showing that to me in the thread i started about when my anemone got stuck, the foot didnt get hurt, so I think Ill let it do its thing for a few more weeks and run some tests and just hope for the best.

thanks guys

:welcome: Always here for ya!!

found a possible reason why it may have been unhappy, pulled out a nasty a$$ bright red bristle worm about 6 inches out a piece of rock, never had seen it in 5 months, oh well, now its dead. And the bta has opened up alot better and it ate a piece of shrimp, so maybe we're on the road to recovery. 10 hour lighting seems to be helping out too.

hollister_08

GOOD, GOOD!!!! I hope your BTA gets beter, and that might have been the reason.. And then again it could have been your lights were running for too long!! but i guess what ever it was is gone now... Good luck with the BTA...

well its lively again i guess haha, its decided to move and now its on the glass in the upper right hand corner....Ive had to turn all my pumps off for this i dont want it to get liquified again, just pick a spot!

hollister_08
well its lively again i guess haha, its decided to move and now its on the glass in the upper right hand corner....Ive had to turn all my pumps off for this i dont want it to get liquified again, just pick a spot!

Ya i guess it just wants more light now!! lol Anyway i hope every thing goes well with that... :)

I have had a similar problem with one of my BTA's. I have two of them and one will always shrivel up once the lights come on. He does fine when lights are off and flares out and the other one thrives all the time. My water parims are excellent I have check them all at different times of the day. So it definitely isn't that also if it was the other BTA would be doing the same thing.

So I think it has alot to do with too much might for him. I read an article about BTA's and it says that they like to have there foot in the shade and then they will flare out for the light. Try finding a nice cave or crevic to put him in. it may help.

I too have a problem feeding the one that is doing poorly. I offer him the food and even if he does eat it my skunk cleaner shimp is able to get the food out of the anemone's closed mouth after the anemone has already ingested it for about 20 mins. No one messes with the healthy one though.

You can see the two anemone's in this pic and see what I am describing.

post-23197-1168286682_thumb.jpg

I have had a similar problem with one of my BTA's. I have two of them and one will always shrivel up once the lights come on. He does fine when lights are off and flares out and the other one thrives all the time. My water parims are excellent I have check them all at different times of the day. So it definitely isn't that also if it was the other BTA would be doing the same thing.

So I think it has alot to do with too much might for him. I read an article about BTA's and it says that they like to have there foot in the shade and then they will flare out for the light. Try finding a nice cave or crevic to put him in. it may help.

I too have a problem feeding the one that is doing poorly. I offer him the food and even if he does eat it my skunk cleaner shimp is able to get the food out of the anemone's closed mouth after the anemone has already ingested it for about 20 mins. No one messes with the healthy one though.

You can see the two anemone's in this pic and see what I am describing.

post-23197-1168286682_thumb.jpg

thats precisely what it looks like and now again today its done that, but its at the top of the tank on the glass....your fault anemone! but im gunna try to get it off and find a lowlight area where it can recoil or stretch when it wants, its weird, but yea, precisely what mine does, thanks for the post.

edit: btw nice clams!

edit: btw nice clams!

Thanks!

And good luck with your BTA. I had some luck with feeding mine last night and I am hoping he gets his pink color back.

Archived