Top Shelf Aquatics

total photo journal 40g ADA framless tank

RP Beesh

I love that tank, I have been wanting one since I got into fresh water planted tanks several years ago. ADA is a great company, just wish they had more of a presence in the US. I like your idea of the clean look without painting the back, there is a guy on here, Jemram who has a similar cube tank, I think he drilled the bottom and used a canister filter for all of his flow and it works great for him.

huuummmm .... ADA is based IN houston TX :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I saw that in their website, they must have opened that office in the last year. In 2005 I was trying to buy a tank and a CO2 system, you could only get them from their office in Italy.

haha. right know i have a 4" pvc and jam in 2xmj1200 for flow and 1xmj1200 for the skimmer, and 1 150w sealth vise heater. the skimmer will be built in the pvc pipe. the only thing you would see is the 4" pvc pipe. maybe put my lr around it to hide it.

here what the back side look

a1.jpg

this is what it look inside "IF" i cut it in half

b3.jpg

there will be another mj1200 for the skimmer in there

top view

c1.jpg

just need to figure out to make the skimmer inthere. i got the output drilled where teh heater is.

you can see the output here.

214.jpg

I am so jelous of you! ADA tanks are amazing! Nice and clean! If i get my next tank, if i get my next tank, it will be ADA or Elos. Man, you should get a sump. That tank and stand is too beautiful to stick that thick pipe in there. I mean I have PVC fetish but, that doesn't go too well with that beautiful tank.

Even my current light, when I made it I completely copied their design.

Here is ada light

adalight.jpg

Here is my light

paint4.jpg

LOL

Helfrichs Chick

DUDE I will pay you to make a light for my ADA. And I am dead serious. IM me if your interested.

And as for skimmer, ack. All I have is a powerhead, and a small tronic heater in my ADA. Works like a charm.

this 37g will have a high bioload wit fish so a skimmer is a must i just dont want to drill it dont want to worry about any leak when i finish the pvc it wont look like one

do you think if i made an overflow out of thick pvc cut in half like a U and siliconed it into my wall it would work (im putting together a 29g) and if I painted it and let it dry long enough it would be safe in a tank?

Also to "RP Beesh" with the color of the pipe what I did was put a thin layer of super glue gel and sprinkled black sand on it gives it a cool look and no worrys of the paint. You could always use clear silicone insted of super glue. for money wise.

Also to "RP Beesh" with the color of the pipe what I did was put a thin layer of super glue gel and sprinkled black sand on it gives it a cool look and no worrys of the paint. You could always use clear silicone insted of super glue. for money wise.

i will spray foarm on it n Sprinckle white sand on it. hope it dont float

• 2 weeks later...

change teh design of the swing arm.

back2.jpg

electric conductor 10' for $1.39

to make my auto top off i feed the tubing in the conductor

bottom.jpg

this is were teh fresh water come out

top7.jpg

change teh design of the swing arm.

back2.jpg

electric conductor 10' for $1.39

to make my auto top off i feed the tubing in the conductor

bottom.jpg

this is were teh fresh water come out

top7.jpg

very clean. i like this, but too modern for my tastes.

Archived