inTank Media Baskets

Tentacles' 10g not so pico

Tentacles

My bta withered away when I lost my skimmer in a move to a new house. I added an AC Remora and my wife picked out a pink tipped haitian condy. My maroon ignored it for almost three weeks and then blasto, it was on. Inseparable ever since :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woke up this morning to find my bta aka RETARD stuck in the powerhead, except heres the best part......I had a sponge covering the intake! HE WAS STUCK INSIDE A SPONGE.....got so stupidly curious and stuck himself on the sponge all night long until he got caught, and made a mess of my tank. Hes alive and looks 99% the same as before (just alittle part where he got stretched some) but now the tanks all cloudy and when I turned to PH back on all this anemone goo came out and now its even cloudier

now heres my important question, if an anemone gets stuck but comes out ok- no death- but leaves your tank water cloudy, is that a tank fowl??? everything in the tank looks fine, just quite cloudy..just do a good water change and not worry too much about it?

thanks!

Ran some carbon and a sponge yesterday and did a 30% water change and all seems fine now. Anemone has a nasty little spot on one side where he got stuck, but thats his fault, and im sure itll heal sooner or later

so the anemone opens up very well at night and looks happy and healthy, but when the lights come on it will only stay open for a few hours and then shrivel up. I guess Ive had it for about 2 weeks now, could this have anythig to do with not having eaten anything Ive offered it yet? That is kinda a long time to go without food... Ive only tried fake crab meat though, need to get some fish, the guy I got it from said he just fed it shrimp pellets....does anyone have any feeding tips? what kind of food? shrimp or silverside or something.

Thanks!

the one on the right please :happy:

all yours, thats the one that is splitting into two, it may even complete it by the time we ship after holidays....good choice :) Ill pm you sometime after Xmas

all yours, thats the one that is splitting into two, it may even complete it by the time we ship after holidays....good choice :) Ill pm you sometime after Xmas

sounds good

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a new fts, finally got a slightly better cam to use for a while. Added a derasa and some new bigger sized red with green mouth zoas.

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1768.jpg

right now since all my rock was busted up to pico size when I had my 2.5g going, Ive just thrown it all in a pile in the back and stuck all my frags up front, the hermits would knock down whatever I set up since it was all smaller pieces, so it will stay this way until I set up the 29g + 10g.

few more pics, derasa with some candy cane, little zoa garden im going to try and grow out and make a zoa island with in the 29g (always looking for more ;)), and the maroon and its recovering gbta

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1783.jpg

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1781.jpg

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ben...nt=IMG_1786.jpg

got a smaller head of frogspawn im trying to trade for a frag of something if anyones interested

thanks

did a bit of rescaping so accomodate more frags, and I got in a new baby maroon who has just finised pairing with my old one, took about a day to get them to stop trying to kill each other. Once I get the good camera back in a day or two ill get a new fts.

thanks!

looks nice. you may want to consider an upgrade as the maroon pair may get a bit large for the tank. FTS!

theyre going to a 29 very soon and the 10 will be sump,

camera to come!

thanks!

just got some RPEs and some assorted palys from dadummy as well as a very nice frag of colt coral on an awesome piece of rock from aquakevem....still waitin on the camera lol! but soon a new fts

updated list

-zoas: Eagle eyes, RPE, reverse gorilla nips, red with orange mouth, green, green with yellow mouth, and several assorted palys

-frogspawn, derasa clam, constantly splitting candy cane, colt coral, ricordea, gsp

its all finally coming together! just need more stuff for the 29g......

Archived