ReefCleaners.org

deezreef

deezreef

Quote: from Cam barr on 10:55 pm on May 7, 2002[br]IS  THAT CLOWN BLACK

yeah the clown is black.  i think it's one of the a. occelaris from australia, so they said.  the two of them seemed to pair off right away.

Yes, totally awsome! I really can't wait for my tank to age. Where did you find the flat back hex? The smallest of thoes I can find are 30+ gallons... Id like to start a hex, just not that big.

SLOreefer

suprax where are you located? i know of 2 compnies in ca that make them. TRUvu and Clear view? or is it clear for life? one of those two i think. my lfs has them all the time anyhow.

Niiiice tank,,, Second2none that was a nice offer you had haha. Heck I will drive to cali to trade frags with him...

gaber

p.s. lakers suck

That is a mighty fine looking tank!!!

Bringing in a little east coast representation.  

(Edited by madclem1 at 10:05 pm on May 8, 2002)

Kapelakin

Suprax, I think it might be this SeaClear aquarium.

Edited to say... that takes you to the main page.  Click on specialty aquariums and they list a 10 gal flatback hex.

(Edited by Kapelakin at 8:35 pm on May 8, 2002)

SLOreefer

you can get baby maximas at alot of stores in ca. i have also seen them on some websites. they are like 1"

thanks for all your positive comments... the tank is a clear for life 10g.  they make two models... the 12g flat back comes with the built in overflow, with all the filtration included.  i think they call it the uniquarium.  the 12 is 2 inches taller and very hard to work with if you plan on stocking it heavily.  the overflow makes the tank very skinny on the inside...very hard to get the algae off the front pane... anyone in sd have colorful sps frags to trade??  

NanoReefer53

i'll trade you some via USPS priority since it's warmer. I live upstate near san francisco. I got some montipora cap. and digi. and green hydnophora. e-mail me.

(Edited by NanoReefer53 at 7:44 pm on May 9, 2002)

suprax or whoever else wants to know....they have this exact tank for sale at exoticfish.com (sorry if someone else already put that on this thread i'm lazy) under micro-tanks or something like that.  

printerdown01

One of the most impressive tanks I have EVER seen (both nano and non-nano). You have seriously generated a ton of interest regarding how you up keep the tank! -I too would be interested in whether you use additives (aside from the b-ionic 2 part); how often you do water changes (how much); have any problems with scratching the tank (looking at setting up a second tank, haven't used an acrylic tank in years), and how long you have had the clams for? -By the way did I mention that the tank was A W E S O M E? ;) -VERY nice!!

(Edited by printerdown01 at 7:58 am on May 11, 2002)

(Edited by printerdown01 at 8:00 am on May 11, 2002)

thanks printerdown...when the tank was a year old i was adding everything i could possibly add to the tank, from iodide to calcium...notice the coralline on the back wall on page 2.  but now, i'm taking a more natural approach.  (laziness)  i do still add calcium and carbonate buffers.  one thing i did notice was the loss of the coralline and how much of an effect it had.  i pretty much judge the state of my tank on algae growth.  the more coralline i have the less distructive, unwanted types have a chance of gaining a foothold and i have to say it's a lot easier to get than get rid of.  the coralline is now aggressively returning and all the others dying back.  i've been doing a lot of water changes lately to get rid of a little cyano problem, about once a week.  along with adding more calcium and calcium carbonate.  i switched to using seachem to try something a little different.  it seems like you get more using less.  on the topic of acrylic, that's all i have ever owned, besides the alife, everywhere from a 300 down to the ten.  i've been sticking with clear for life tanks and haven't had any problems.  i do notice a little bit of bowing with the acrylic tanks but i've been told that adds to the strength.  if you use the proper materials you will not scratch the tank.  i do get minor scratches but nothing that takes away from the overall look.  onto the clams, i have had them for about a year and a half.  i haven't run into any problems yet (fingers crossed).  i guess you can call them my watchdogs.  generally they are the ones to show signs the first when something is off.  i have had much success with this tank,  especially with the sps.  this comes after much trial and hitting the books.  hey, i read the post on the alife tank and i did get my inspiration from aquatic w.  i love that little tank.  so many critters.  i could watch that thing for hours

(Edited by deezreef at 11:31 am on May 11, 2002)

(Edited by deezreef at 11:33 am on May 11, 2002)

(Edited by deezreef at 11:41 am on May 11, 2002)

Archived