SaltCritters.com

Zizmans Minibow

zizmans

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took Xavier's advice and didn't add a top-off. I really don't mind doing it, and I didn't want to take the chance of f-ing it up. Thanks for the heads up X. Man, I wish I could get a better picture of the tank w the LED. I thought I wanted 2, but after a minute your eyes get accostomed (spelling?) to it. I think 1 will be OK. I wasn't sure how many, I've read alot of threads about LED's but they are so archaic. I needed the pretend I'm 5 years old and I ride the short bus explanation. I did it, I think it will work fine. If anyone who is DIY-electrition-guygirl sees this, please, If it looks "?". Let me know and I'll give you the specs.

Well as it was finished, I thought what a great time to add more LR. Well see, I'm going to give it a couple days and do a water test. I have feather dusters now though, so I'm really glad I did the addition, plus it gives it more depth. I figure better to get my LR just the way I like it before putting anything in. It was funny a guy was at the LFS buying 125 lbs of rock, and I was meticulously inspecting each little piece. My LFS guy is going down to LA on friday for stock, and he's bringing back a perc. for me. I hope, if I added levels to my tank with the new rock it will be cool by then. They said they'd hold him for an extra week for me, so either way I should be good. When are you going to post some pics on how your tank is coming along (the refirbish one)?

I replaced the 3 volt DC adapter with a 4 volt. WOW, what a difference! I paid $15 for the 3 at Radio Shack. Went to a used electronics store, and got the 4 for $3. I'm enclosing a pic, but my camera is a piece-of-S. So I don't know if you can tell the difference. We'll see.

You can't really see what it really looks like, but you can see the difference. If you need any help with doing a LED, PM me. I'll do my best. I can't remember his name, but that guy with the Texas A&M logo really seems to know his elctronics as well. By "as well" I mean He does, I don't. I winged it, but it looks good and is working very well!

You too must also have a college degree in Photography....

:D

Damned if I can get a good shot to come out with my chitty 55.00 digital camera of my tanks. :(

But it works awesome outside in sunlight :)

FWIW, I liked the clam shell.

I liked the clam shell too! I like that open top look on your tank. Maybe it's time for another tank. hmmmmm Minibow 7, jbj clip on for $40 on ebay, refugium from fuge guy..........

SeaMountain

Gawd I love the kitchen Ziz!

No. Really I do. I just moved into this town and a buddy locked up a place for me without me looking at it... and MY KITCHEN SUX!!!

Cooking is another passion of mine and I absolutely have NO counters! It's an apartment in a building built in the 20's. Think Ralph Kramden's place. aka The Honeymooners.

Anybody remember them??? Nick at Night??? ;)

Tanks looks very nice too Ziz! LR looks nice. I'm thinking instead of parting with some of mine I may launch another nano and add some of it into there. A MiniBow is on my mind too.

I saw a thread somewhere not too long ago about a guy with his tank on the counter like yours. He runs a 'fuge from the cabinet above. Lucky man to have such an understanding GF!!! HA! Might be an option for you someday?

B)

Thanks Sea! I wanted to put an auto top off in the cupboard above, but I've never made one and I was worried about it syphoning. I finally bought my first Life today. I know I'm not supposed to start with fish, but I couldn't help it. LFS gave me $10 off. His name is Shamu.

Ilovehimssoooomuuuchchchc. My God' I've turned into a total p*ssy. He's great he's all over the tank. Comes right up to the glass. I sound like Kathy Lee talking about that damn Cody kid she's got.

SeaMountain

Shamu? :P

It's always an insight to hear what names folks call their pets!

$10 bucks off... Looks like a B&W isn't it? What was the retail price?

• 4 weeks later...

yo zizman, i was just wondering how your nano is doing have ya got any updated pics or anything like that. I seem to remeber that this thread was quite old.

PICS......druel :P .

hows thebioload copeing with the two fish? Did you introduce them at thesame time?

p.s great looking minibow, is it realy that cloudy or is that your photos :)

Be careful that the brain does not expand and tear it self on the live rock that is so close to it! (Unsolicited advice)

duckhuntboy

looking good zizmans. Sweet how your camera makes the water cloudy... What kind of camera is it? I've taken decent full tank shots with a regular auto-zoom camera POS from wal-mart.

I can see how it's the camera it's blurry not cloudy.

As for the clam shell I could not make up mind if I liked it or not, it was different though which is always cool

JJ

Archived