Warner marine Calxmax 2 part liquid calcium buffer

Salinity 1.023

pH 8.2

calcium 400

alk 4.0

ammonia 0

nitrite Off the scale, still cycling

nitrate I wish, added some Nitromax today to help it along

Yeeeeah you did it! I'm glad to see you got the pics. posted.

The nano looks great and what a clean kitchen you have. :)

The clam shell nouveau ghetto. I kind of like it. How is the skimmer working, where did you get it and how much was it?

Yeah I don't think I like the shell, but I'm waiting to see how it looks when I get the percula. Skimmer works great, it was 34.00. Got it at LFS. I heard they were hard to find. It's made by Sanders in Hamburg, Germany. phone #0 51 73 884. They speak english there. I think they sell direct, but could at least tell you a retailer in you area.

i'd be careful of detergent/bleach/chemicals/old-spaghetti getting splashed into the tank, but other than that... neat bow :)

Wow, not one piece of hate-mail. I must be losing my touch. Yeah, I took that shell out, got it free from lfs. I was never sure about it. Looks better now

be careful with putting the auto-topoff above the tank.. you don't wanna start a siphon and siphon all the water from the topoff container into the tank...

I have the same microjet. It has an adjuster on the left side that slides up and down to increase or decrease the flow. Mine's set kinda low but I'm getting ready to move it to the back wall to direct some flow towards the front where I am battling a massive diatom/cyano out break. ARGH!

Your tank looks great! I like it without that clam. Can't wait to see it stocked!

I must say it is a beautiful thing to watch the birth of a nano. Hope your run-in is absolutely uneventful. Look forward to pictures a year from now.

I've had a lot of emails about the picollo skimmer. Blue Sierra 425) 392-5360. They do mail order, good price. Please tell them Steve Zizman referred you.

By the way I put a picture of the skimmer next to a pop can in the Beginners forum. Thanks for the comments, I'm freakin' dying waiting for the trites to go down. My LFS has my true perculas waiting for me. AAUURRGGHH!!! Oh well it gives me time to name my snails. Well maybe I'm not that bad yet.

Archived