Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I figured why not

dubbin1

Just thought I would give a little updated pic for all to see. I also must say that this is the easiest tank I have ever had to deal with. So far all I have done is add a little water every day. Today was the first I even bothered with a water change and it was only a cup full. I haven't even had to clean the glass yet.

pict4746.jpg

Is that silica sand? Had it in there long? Leaching silicates? :)

Pretty tank thou.

No its not silica sand... Its called Ultra Reef made by Estes'.

BTW silica sand is not as bad for our reefs as people think. MANY people use it with great success...

BTW silica sand is not as bad for our reefs as people think. MANY people use it with great success...

who?

pico looks good btw. my coffee pot needs a good scrubbing... snail died :mellow: lol

is that still stock lighting?

Tim

who?

pico looks good btw. my coffee pot needs a good scrubbing... snail died :mellow: lol

is that still stock lighting?

Tim

Just look around on RC and you will see PLENTY ;)

Yup its still the stock lighting. I was amazed when I was comparing pics on how much those pinks zoas grew in such a short amount of time.

Helfrichs Chick

Yea I have heard of people using it but I would like to see stats on the silicates testing over a period of 4-8 years. I dont think it would break down right away, and I know lots use it, just would like to see what tests run after a few years.

Many people have used silca (quartz) sand for years with great success. It is a myth that it will leach silica and promote diatom growth.

Yup but until people see it busted on Myth Busters then they will continue to believe it.

Archived