Coral Vue Hydros

Evaporation Makeup Float Switches.....

Physh1

**EDIT** I've got a new batch ready to go so if you want one just let me know......

I've got around 5 left from my last batch so if anyone is interested in one lemme know. I'm not a business....just a do-it-yourselfer who need to keep his hobby obsession going:P.

I am also willing to trade live goodies for them also.....

You can see more about the switches on my tank pages...click my banner.

Cameron

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cameron,

Man, you should let me know these things! :) I would love to take 2 off your hands on one condition....you be there on email for tech support as I set it up. Many things I can do, figuring out flow, topoff stuff and such isn't one of them.

Thanks, I'll email you after work tonight...maybe a bit late...but try and hold 2, you know we can work something out.

Peace, Bryan

Usually they are 24 plus 3.85 shipping but for Nanoreefers I would sell them for 23 plus 3.85 shipping. I know a dollar ain't much but I don't make a lot on these.

I don't sell them with pumps as I couldn't get them any cheaper than anyone else can so.....

They are proven to work on MaxiJet1000 and smaller or Rio800 and smaller.

So the total is 26.85 shipped to the door no pump.

Cameron

I bought one a few months ago. I love it. I needed to customize it to my sump and just used a blow dryer to bend the water protective tube he puts over it. Great product and the wires are sealed up with silicone for extra protection. The splices in the extension cord he makes are professional using heat shrink wire wraps. Better than I could do it and I did my whole system DIY. The switch keeps the level to a 1/8"-1/4" range in my sump which is an excellent range by me. I have mine hooked up to a rio 90.

I bought mine around about half a year ago from Cam and it works like a charm. No more comming home and filling up the tank with a bucket of water. I recommend them !

Here's how I set up mine. I took the piece of plastic thingy that hangs on the glass and cut a small hole through it. I attatched an airline connector and attatched an airline that's connected to my pump in a bucket. Since the float switch has screw threads, i just made a hole just barely big enough so it can screw in snugly.

after 9mo into the hobby, I finally bought one, and boy did it make my tank more self sufficient.

The setup from Physh1 is excellent, very well built! I wished I just did it sooner.

I got my unit about 4-5 days after payment.

jimmyc

Mine is ordered ... as I patiently wait! :P

It will also be beneficial to the health of the animals as well. In small volumes of water such as ours, a 2 cup evaporation can fluctuate the salinity a good bit. By topping-off constantly, the salinity levels should remain almost rock solid.

I'm planning on topping off with RO/DI dosed with AragaMight buffer. I originally intended Kalkwasser, but in a nano, I think that is overkill.

Cameron,

Got mine, installed it, works great! Thanx!

Tip for dense people like myself: Keep the supply tube above the water level! (DUH!). I spent at least 10 minutes wondering why it would cycle on and off...:*(

AbSoluTc>> I sent ya a PM...

luv2jeep>> It happens to the best of us:). I'm glad it's working for ya. I'm working on an update info sheet but I am trying to keep it simple and clear....we will see.

Thanks, Cameron

Cameron, got my pair yesterday. Very professional job. Great instructions, testing info with various pumps, could not have asked for more. Super deal. :):)

Thanks a ton, Bryan

My pumps should be in today to setup to both my FW and SW tanks.. I'm gonna have to wait on the SW tank since my hood is one of those Eclipse models with the hole in the back.. I've ordered a new hood already, and want to wait for that before I attach it to the tank through the hole in the Eclipse...

Hubu, you can use pretty much any pump. the amperage is not high in most pumps.

if you are topping on a nano i don't use a powerhead, too fast.

i made my float switch and use sort of a reverse hookah with an air pump.

Archived