Cultivated Reef

Kappa Cube Reef 15g

kappa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This picture was taken when I was about to test the overflow. I ended up cutting the tip off the black oveflow thingy you see in the white elbow. Then I cut the black overflow thingy in half and ended up with a narrow piece that is 1 inch in length. I took that and droped it into the white elbow part. That black piece greatly reduce the gurgling noises. Above the durso mofo's pipe design I drilled a hole to help reduce noise. OKay I think I did a good job of confusing everybody reading this. Good job to me.

8259overflow5.jpg

I just bought a small red Linkia star fish. I hope the starfish does not find my small Maxima clam and eat it. I will post a picture of the star fish up sometimes later.

• 1 month later...

This is the latest look of my 15g. I moved some rocks around, and got some new livestock.

825912_24_2004.jpg

btw, the rose anenome had been removed, and brought back to the the lfs for store credit. I am waiting for a smaller anenome to come in from shipment, and I then I will have a rose anenome once again. : )

Update on fish & inverts:

My purple stripe psudochromis mysteriously diappeared after laying eggs, and I have not seen her 3 days after she laid her eggs. I have decided to return the bi-color blenny, and get a Japanese pistol shrimp + randalli shrimp goby pair, and another ocellaris clown. I still have one other clown (as seen in photo)which is very dark orange. I love that color better than light orange ocellaris clown. I also bought a pepermint shrimp to erradicate any small aiptasia that might being growing. My cleaner shrimp is huge now, and looks like he is about 3 inches long.

Corals:

I got 3 cheap, small, 10 dollar sps frags, a hawaiin feather duster, and a red coco worm. THe prices of red coco worm sees to be very high these days. Brian, the owner of Pac Reef told me they are now illegal to be taken out of the ocean according to fish and game of who knows what.

The Empiricyst

Yeah, you were the first person who had a site I could latch onto when I was first looking into nanocubes, so in a big way, your site's to blame for my introduction to the hobby! I have a nanocube I've been working with for a month now.

By the way... I tried to translate the message below your name.

........."It is vigorous?"

”M‘Ñ‹› = Tropical Fish

Kappa (‰Í“¶)=water goblin

‚¨Œ³‹C‚Å‚·‚©=how are are you?

Kappa's best friend ’K(‚½‚Ê‚«j=racoon

If you guys have acrylic tanks, please tell me what you are using to clean the outside of the tank without scratching it. I can see mirco sratches when I use a flash light, and shine it at the walls. I use some doc wellfish acrylic scrubber on the inside of the tank, and bits of that comes off inside the tank! Now that's crap. What do you guys use to clean the inside of acrylic tanks? all glass tanks are easier for me to clean, and not worry much about scratches.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy lives in my refugium, as he likes to tear apart rose anenomes. He lives inside a much better looking conch shell instead of a margarita snail shell now.

8259red_hermit.jpg

Archived