5 Florida Cerith Snails - Cerithium sp.

8 Nerite Snails - Nerita sp.

10 Nassarius Snails - Nassarius vibex

Corals

Pink and Green Frogspawn - Euphyllia paradivisa

Duncans - Duncanopsammia axifuga

Wellso Folded Brain - Trachyphyllia radiata

"Designer Name Here" Acans - Acanthastrea echinata

"Designer Name Here" Zoas - Zoanthus sp.

"Designer Name Here" Favia - Favia sp.

"Designer Name Here" Pallies - Palythoa sp.

Orange Monti Caps - Montipora capricornis

ORA Green Nepthea - Nepthea sp.

Ricordias - Ricordea florida

Yumas - Ricordea yuma

Green & Red Mushrooms - Rhodactis sp. & Actinodiscus sp.

Etc.

36 Pounds Cultured Live Rock

25 Pounds CaribSea Arrag-Alive Fiji Pink Sand

Chaetomorpha (in the built in refugium)

Future Plans

I plan on adding a clam to this tank now that I have the space. No idea what kind yet - plenty of time to figure that out.

Equipment

29 Gallon Oceanic Biocube HQI

Coralife 150W Tank Mounted MH w/20000K+ Ushio Bulb

Oceanic BioCube Stand

Finnex 26W PC Fuge Light (10000K)

Koralia 425 Powerhead

Aqueon 500 Powerhead

inTank Media Rack & Fuge Rack

Coralife Digital Thermometer

Two Little Fishes Nano-Mag

Magfloat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monochrome5

How about some pictures?

Giant Blue Anthelia

DSC_0008.jpg

One of my Two Spot Gobies (Male)

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

View from the couch (Yes, that is a picture of Joan Jett above the tank)

DSC_0009.jpg

Your tank looks great! I have a HQI as well, I've had mine for 3 months whats your temprature at? Plus whats your light schedule. I was having temprature problem so installed a pc fan underneath the cover above the 3rd chamber.

Monochrome5
Your tank looks great! I have a HQI as well, I've had mine for 3 months whats your temprature at? Plus whats your light schedule. I was having temprature problem so installed a pc fan underneath the cover above the 3rd chamber.

I have yet to see my temp break 78. I run my MH from 1PM-9PM. When the MH clicks off my refugium light turns on so it doesn't compound any heat issues (and actually keeps it very stable). At the current time I don't even have my heater in the water since my tank stays very stable (it ranges from 76.8-77.8). I also live in Charleston, SC, so it gets really hot but I haven't noticed a bit of movement in the temps.

Monochrome5
No more LED's? Argh!

You should have put yours in this one.

-Dave

Haha. They are still in use on the 8!! I'm turning the 8 into a... gasp... FW Planted tank. All that blue + deep green plants = WOW!

Finally, I can post here. I've been very busy, sorry. What amazes me about this tank, Monochrome5, is that this tank looks pretty full and it's a 29g. Where did you put all of this stuff in your 8g? :lol:

Are you getting anything else for it?

Liz

Monochrome5

Please welcome Memphis, my new Allardi Clownfish!! This little guys is AMAZING! A bit shy of 2 inches and a total blast to watch. The Allardi Clownfish is a relatively rare clown in the same family as Clarkii and Sebae clowns. Just as hardy, but much more rare. The easiest distinguishing mark for the Allardi is the third white band on the caudal peduncle. Unlike Clarkii's, the band does not lay vertically and connect dorsal-ventral. Instead, it flows horizontally down the length of the tail. The Allardi also features a deeper black contrasting it's yellow body. I'm absolutely in love with this fish.

So why the name Memphis? Well I saw this fish on the Liveaquaria Diver's Den Tuesday and had to buy him. I had him sent priority overnight to guarantee a 10:30AM delivery Thursday. Thursday came and went with no fish arriving at my door. He got as far as Memphis, TN and then all tracking info was gone. I called Foster & Smith and FedEx frantic, trying to figure out what had happened to my new fish. They had no idea... He was lost somehwere in the Memphis FedEx hub. Foster & Smith assured me they would find it, and sure enough the next day I got a call from them saying the had tracked it down with FedEx and it would be delivered Saturday at no charge. They offered a full refund, but I declined, asking instead that only the $10 upgrade to Priority Overnight be refunded (since that part never happened). I was extremely nervous with the arrival of the box Saturday morning. I didn't want to unpack a dead body. Luckily, Foster & Smith's impeccable packaging found me unveiling a little ball of energy. And I just had to call him Memphis. After that ordeal he could go by no other name.

And now, the pictures!!!

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Finally, I can post here. I've been very busy, sorry. What amazes me about this tank, Monochrome5, is that this tank looks pretty full and it's a 29g. Where did you put all of this stuff in your 8g? :lol:

Are you getting anything else for it?

Liz

Everything but the Anthelia and Leather were in the 8g. I've got a nack for "Dutch style" reefs, if you will :) I LOVE growing out corals. Most stuff in here started as a wee tiny frag haha.

I plan on a lot of things. SPS, a clam, a Fungai Plate coral, and whatever else catches my fancy. Patience is a virtue in SW, so I'll take my time buying goodies.

The clown fish is beautiful. So cool to see a different species.

Dutch style reefs. You funny. I'm going for a Nature style reef personally... :P

Next... Iwagumi...

I'd probably like growing stuff too. So you like Fosters and Smith then?

I use them for equipment & have seen Liveaquaria, but didn't know. Getting fish online doesn't weird me out. I buy my FW almost exclusively online now.

Monochrome5
The clown fish is beautiful. So cool to see a different species.

Dutch style reefs. You funny. I'm going for a Nature style reef personally... :P

Next... Iwagumi...

I'd probably like growing stuff too. So you like Fosters and Smith then?

I use them for equipment & have seen Liveaquaria, but didn't know. Getting fish online doesn't weird me out. I buy my FW almost exclusively online now.

Check around. You'll find F&S is one of, if not the tops in packaging/shipping/quality animals. The diver's den section is worth every penny.

• 2 weeks later...
Check around. You'll find F&S is one of, if not the tops in packaging/shipping/quality animals. The diver's den section is worth every penny.

Cool, will check them out. :)

llj

My only problem with LA is I could practically stock my BC29 in one order to get the free shipping. The couple of times a local club has put together a group order just hasn't been convenient. I would fully trust them though. I've heard nothing but positives about them.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATES!!!

NEW FISH!! A pair of Banggai Cardinalfish (Pterapogon kauderni). They're beautiful, and Memphis doesn't seem to care one bit about them. Yay!

DSC_0021.jpg

I also rescaped the entire tank (had to get some damsels out... long story). I am in love with my new scape. I made a deep valley in the center (a bit hard to see from this straight-on shot) that will be just perfect for a clam! Plus there is a TON of depth in this scape, letting me throw tons of SPS in there (which will happen soon - I've been letting the tank mature and stabilize before getting SPS). I also moved the finger leather to my pest tank, as it's been a pain in my rear. I couldn't get it to ever stop sliming (I'm guessing it didn't have enough flow to slough off the sand). Now it's in a 5g tank with a 500gph filter... Yeah. It's got some serious current.

DSC_0020.jpg

My duncans are growing like mad. New heads are everywhere! I started with one head about the size of a quarter. I'm now at 22 heads and counting in 6 months. Wowsers.

DSC_0028.jpg

Some zoas that came in on a rock in my 8g. Started with 5 polyps, now close to 100. Beautiful polyps for a hitchhiker, no?

DSC_0031.jpg

And, of course, my number one aquarium helper, Kira. She's a retired racing greyhound that I rescued and always willing to stare at me while I dive into my tank. Also, she once at a montipora. Ture story.

DSC_0014-1.jpg

Oh wow! Update in spades! I can see the valley. I've seen clams. Super purty. What kind of SPS are you gonna get?

I never got anything cool like that hitch hiking on my rock. Well, save the sea urchin, but no polyps or anything. That's a pretty yellow too.

Kira is beautiful. :)

Archived