SaltCritters.com

FOTBC's LED propagation station

FishOnTheBrainCoral

FishOnTheBrainCoral

updated FTS..new tank 9/23

IMG_0269.jpg

excuse the cloudiness just swapped everything over from old tank like 20min. before.

I had some extra stuff laying around. So I thought what the hell. I have been planing since I got most of my zoas to slice them up so I could put each color on its on rock. If any of you have seen the rock I'm talking about, Its beautiful, but a cluster. :P So I sliced it up in preparation to organize.

Second it will serve as a grow out spot for some other corals. Since some of my residents in my main tank like to knock fresh frags over before they get a chance to grow onto there spot.

My thought is to keep it bare bottom a clean so I can keep a better eye on everything. BUT, I have noticed how much of a mess it is ALL the time. I have a couple snails in there and they keep pooping every where! I can probably get rid of this once I put a pump in there which will be in the next couple days.

OK enough boring stuff now PIC's (keep in mind it is still in progress.)

Its cycled for 3 weeks before anything but rock went in it.

Still needs a rack of some sort.

ORIGINAL SETUP... New stuff at bottom..

IMG_0149.jpg

95% of the next few pics came from that mixed rock.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

In the next few days now that they are all opened up Its time to put each color on its special rock.

So now my question to all of you! What can I put in there that will do nothing but clean algae. I have a couple snails right now, but hermits are out. Its painful to watch them "try" to walk across the bare glass. I was thinking like a pygmy angle and more snails of various sort. A fish that will graze with minimal feeding preferred. Open to any suggestions. It does not have to be colorful just functional.

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishOnTheBrainCoral

Thank you! I would like to eventually upgrade to a 70MH or equivalent T5 fixture. so i can do higher demanding SPS. Wanna trade stuff? :P

Haha I have a 70w on mine :) It has a basically a 10k bulb so everything looks terrible in it haha.

We should def trade!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

PM me what you got avail. I leave for six weeks starting next week. We can work something out then. My light is only 10k too makes everything look ugly as sin. ill put it in my main tank for pics. lol

If you check my 28 in my sig you can see more of what I have. All but the last pic with the new zoas are in the frag.

PM me what you got avail. I leave for six weeks starting next week. We can work something out then. My light is only 10k too makes everything look ugly as sin. ill put it in my main tank for pics. lol

If you check my 28 in my sig you can see more of what I have. All but the last pic with the new zoas are in the frag.

Haha my frag tank looks pretty bad right now. Lemme get it under control before I start trading, I will have some cool stuff though I think :)

FishOnTheBrainCoral
i was trying to compare all the different plugs people are using. comparing growth.

Well I just put theses on the plugs about 1 week ago. But I had to do then again cause my dumb arse didnt rough up the smooth glass. and had frags blowing every where in like two days...

SO LESSON TO ALL! USE A DREMAL TO ROUGH UP A SPOT TO GLUE IF GLUING TO GLASS!!

cheryl jordan
Well I just put theses on the plugs about 1 week ago. But I had to do then again cause my dumb arse didnt rough up the smooth glass. and had frags blowing every where in like two days...

SO LESSON TO ALL! USE A DREMAL TO ROUGH UP A SPOT TO GLUE IF GLUING TO GLASS!!

Thanks I wouldn't have thought of that. :)

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Dino outbreak... Time to do some searching to see What the hell I have to do. Didn't have this problem before....

FishOnTheBrainCoral

So Now I'm raising my PH with kawlk... This was suggested on a couple threads I have read so far. I am also turning the lights off for a couple days. WISH ME LUCK!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Day two of the dino challenge... Most of the dino is gone.. Mostly from the light. What is left looks kinda bleached, and dieing. A few of my zoa's don't look happy. but I think most of them will pull out of it. I turned the light a couple min. today. and they opened pretty quick.

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Well the dino looks to be there still when I turned the light on today. Going out of town for six weeks left info with the mrs. hope it is better when I get back.

blizzardscout2

Me too! :lol: I have a large zoa rock to frag and was considering performing the single polyp fragging on acrylic rods that I just saw an article on. Wish me luck!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

Lets do it.. My tank isn't doing so well now but I will constantly be adding pics if anyone has stuff to trade down the road let me know..

BTW Jay, how are thoese Z's doing for ya?

• 3 weeks later...
Toby Flenderson

The tank looks great, it would be cool looking if you let all the zoas grow together into a carpet and had that for the base of a 10g pico!

FishOnTheBrainCoral

That would be cool but if I made this a display rather then keeping it as an overflow tank for trade with LFS & fellow reefers Heather would disown me. :D

Archived