SaltCritters.com

New frag tank 24x14x8 1/2

Carlton'sTank

Carlton'sTank

I found a more traditionally shaped tank for fragging and I made the swap on Friday. It is about 12 gallons and is an AIO. Overflow chamber has filterfloss and chemi-pure elite, 2nd chamber is cheato and led light, 3rd is return and ATO. Lights are 2 x 24watt t5 from Fish Need It. Return pump is mj1200 and I have a k1 in the display. Stealth 100 watt heater. Pics...

018-2.jpg

019-2.jpg

020-4.jpg

021-4.jpg

026-2.jpg

029-4.jpg

030-2.jpg

031-2.jpg

032-2.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! Looks well made and I like the overflow chamber.

Man those acans look nice. They need to hurry up and grow so I can get some frags :P

Carlton'sTank

They have grown a couple heads in the short time I have had them. I feed pretty religiously though. I am going to do the deed next week I believe. Got some nice stuff coming in this week too. Darth mauls, mohawks, tubbs blue goldust and...red planet (for my display)

Good luck with the fragging!

And those are some nice corals. Are you an SPS person? I didn't know because it seems like most of your frags are softies/LPS, the new RP and your avatar beg to differ though...

Carlton'sTank

Well went for my first SPS frag in Sept and it worked out well. I don't necessarily like sps dominated tanks, I just want a mix. I will only have sps frags when my colonies need trimming, but most are on the smaller side.

I am a crazy SPS person haha. But I am also starting to get into LPS now that the top part of my tank is basically filled lol.

Well good luck with the fragging and everything, hopefully the Darth Mauls do well for ya. I dunno if you remember but back when I bought some coral from you we were talking about how DMs were priced way to high, so hopefully you got a good deal....and will spread the wealth :P

so i'm still pretty new at the salt water aquarium thing...just curious...did you buy the tank with that 3 chamber overflow thingy? like was it built in? or did you buy it separately? looks awesome! Although I only have one little tank and am about to start a 55 gallon, i'm already planning on a frag tank. lol...

Carlton'sTank

I bought the tank with the internal over flow. I would have probably preferred a drilled frag tank that I could have plumbed to a sump, but this setup will work out too.

Carlton'sTank

Thanks. I am going to rearrange, but it is getting more to where I want it to be.

Jacob - I ended up trading for a few polyps of darth mauls. I do remember our conversation about palys/zoas being over priced because of names, I am trying to find the higher end stuff for better prices so I can sell it cheaper than normal. Since my new frag tank is small I want to focus on nicer zoas/palys along with some acans and sps frags from when I trim my colonies.

hurricanefan1281

Thats really cool! how much did it cost to get that set up? also what lights are you using?

sry nvrm about the lights.

Carlton'sTank

moto - trades are welcomed

I got the tank for a reasonable price with the lights, right around $100 shipped. I ultimately would to like to have had a larger frag tank, but I couldn't justify passing up a deal like that. I am happy either way.

Carlton'sTank

My first attempt to frag a colony of acans went well. It was easier than I had imagined and I am looking forward to fragging more soon. I need to rearrange things first.

Looks great Nic. They lay out is awesome. I am calling dibs on the first Darth Maul frag PM me when you have some Darths or different frags ready you know I am always down.

Carlton'sTank

Thanks. Darth mauls will have to wait a while. I am getting ready to frag some acans to go along with some other zoa/palys that I have ready.

Carlton'sTank

I will update some pictures soon. I am moving towards stuff that is a little more high-end. My space is limited so I am going to give it a shot. I will take pics of what I have in the next day or so.

Carlton'sTank

Thanks. I am clearing out the rest of the lower end zoas and getting ready to frag up some of those acans and some nicer zoas I have. I got my hands on some darth mauls and purple hornets, but I am going to let those both grow for a while before I think about touching them.

Archived