Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bulldogpet's 5.5 gal Contest Pico Tank

bulldogpet

Well guys I am forced to change my tank that was going to be used for my contest Pico. Last night I tried derimming my original tank a 2.5gal all-glass when disater struck the back part of the tank which I has just spray painted black cracked this was my first ever derimming experience and I was pissed to say the least.

So after a few cold brews to calm my nerves I decided that Sh@@ happens and there is nothing you can do about it. I woke up this morning with plan B. I searched for a new tank and decided on a 4 gal Finnex glass tank. It's ordered and will be here in a few days. Pic to follow when it arrives.

Corals

Duncan Polyps $24.00

Green Birdsnest $15.00

Cat Eyes $12.00

Zoanthids $28.00

Acans 30.00

Purple Gorgonian 15.00

Red Mushrooms 15.00 ( Fragged from my 24G Aquapod )

Pom Pom Xenia 10.00 ( Fragged from my 40g )

Fish

1-Purple Pseudochromis $15.00

Macro

Caulerpa from my 24G Aquapod

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6

Awesome! I can't wait for this thing to be set up!

I would add contest someware in the title though!

I am going around telling people this: It's EXTREME:Y important!

YouHAVE to put a FTS on the FTS thread every other Sunday. The FTS thread will be made on January 25, 2010 when you are aloud to add rock, sand, water, and life.

If you do not follow the directions correctly on the FTS thread or you miss a FTS you will de DQ'd.

Thanks guys I am excited as well I have been debating on what light I want to use I know the one that comes with it is ok but we all know ok is just not good enough in this hobby. lol.. How does a 70watt halide sound. hmmm... maybe still deciding -_-

animalmaster6
Thanks guys I am excited as well I have been debating on what light I want to use I know the one that comes with it is ok but we all know ok is just not good enough in this hobby. lol.. How does a 70watt halide sound. hmmm... maybe still deciding -_-

What corals do you want?

Well UPS delivered my tank today , I see winning ideas flowing in my head :D I just have the stock light in this pic but I have not decided on my final lighting I still have 19 days for that lol... After looking at the tank in person it gives me a whole new perspective on ideas.....Here we go!

PicoContestTank2.jpg

Nice, same tank I bought a couple months back. The only part i like/dont like is the rounded front corners. Nice looking but a pain to keep clean.

Thanks. I don't mind the round corners I have a Aquapod and the corners on it are round as well so I have lots of practice...lol

I have a mini mag float too. It just doesnt come close to even getting in the corners. Actually it leaves about 1/4 inch on each side of the corner plus the corner.

cant wait to see what you do with this tank.

Thanks , I was able to leave work early today nothing better than to come home and work on my pico.

Life is good! I had this idea that flowed into my head while I was at work , It is a Current USA surface skimmer/filter it was a little big for my tank so I went to the garage and used my miter saw to cut off about 3" so it would be pico size then I got the jig saw out and cut my slots , I removed the original pump and replaced it with a Mini-Jet 606 should provide decent flow. The original pump was to bulky and took up a lot of room inside the filter box.

Archived