SaltCritters.com

Booyahs Onyx Clownfish!

bpkenn

About 6 months ago I purchased two onyx clowns who had pretty good black coloration at a young age. The breeder, Mitch, told me that if I wasn't happy with the coloration of the fish, that I could come back at any time and exchange them for a pair I liked better. While I was there, he spent 2 hours talking with me, answering questions, and explaining the intricacies of breeding such gorgeous looking fish. After talking, we picked out two new clownfish, and he even gave me a Ricordea Yuma frag because he saw me eyeing it!

I have never met someone who showed more passion towards his hobby than this man. We are lucky to have someone like this breeding clownfish! Mitch waits until the fish mature before he sells them, this allows him to carefully observe the fish and determine whether or not they will color up and actually become onyx clownfish. The reason this is so important is that around 40-50% of Onyx offspring actually become Onyx clownfish and develop that deep black coloration that we all desire.

Here are some pictures of my new Onyx Clownfish. Check out the barring on the male, its got a cool swirl to it. I can only imagine what they are going to look like when fully colored!

post-42229-1249152928_thumb.jpg

Some locals do decide to take the fish before they start showing onyx coloration (since its a short drive to exchange them if they dont color).

Here is an example of that, and then the transformation into the full blown onyx coloration. Pictures complements of ieatchinese.

both fish:

post-42229-1249153341_thumb.jpg

Female:

post-42229-1249153379_thumb.jpg

Male:

post-42229-1249153399_thumb.jpg

If you are looking for a beautiful new pair of Onyx, I HIGHLY recommend a pair of Booyah's Onyx. You can get ahold of Mitch @ 708-715-0424

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i live close as well, just need to get my self to spend the $$ on a pair. LOL.

BTW, great looking fish, i love the middle stripe on the bottom clown in the 1st pic! Didn't reply on CMAS because i was lazy, lol.

Mitch is a great guy, I definately recommend going to pickup a pair. For those that aren't local, the guarantee is for ALL customers, and he does ship.

I like the idea of a guarantee and that he waits until they mature.I don't understand everyone buying onyx and they don't even know if they are onyx yet how much are they norally

christosclowns

Gio reef your absolutely right solors are there but not culling clowns will be his downfall. That clown should have been culled thats just poor breeding. When clowns are not fed gut loaded rotifers and raised at higher temps that is what happens along with poor water quality. The head has a hump and thats just not right. Maybe He should practice culling clowns and remotely picking out clowns that dont have these difformities. But i guess when you are in it for the money it really dont matter. Dissapointing mitch and whomever bought these fish shown above bad choince you got a fish that should have been given to you for free let alone payed for.Dont mean to bust on your thread but if your going to show off fish that you breed or bought take a good look at them before hand so you dont get ripped off like this pair

I think I payed $45/each, so $90 for the pair. You'd have to call Mitch up and ask.

Great deal that's cheap copared to OTHER PEOPLE!!!!!! At least you know you are getting an onyx.I like the burlyness of that female she looks like soe of the huge super percs that come out of PNG!!!!!! Do you ind posting his number so we can have a chabce to get these great fish!!!!!

Heychristos I know this thread isn't about youand your fish and that might make you sad but if you don't have anythibg nice to say don't say anything ast all!!!!!

Are you referring to the female 2nd pick down? If so those fish were sold as discounted true percs. something like $25 or so for them because of the deformity and Mitch didn't think they would color up. People have offered up to $4000 to the owner of those fish, but they have actually started spawning and been returned to Mitch by their owner (for free, even though Mitch offered to buy them back, if thats any indicator of the type of person Mitch is.) Lets not forget, if the owner of these fish wanted to, they could have returned them at any time for an exchange.

But seriously christos, What is the reason you decided to troll into this thread only to attempt to continue ####ting on someone (after you've already stabbed him in the back?)

Then you bust out the hypocritical bull#### and have the audacity to claim he's only in it for the money? (coming from a guy with Pacino holding up a wad of bills in his avatar, lol)

I know this forum is the only one you haven't been banned from, but your comments really aren't welcome if your only intentions are to slander and shamelessly self promote.

hey USF, his number is in the post above, i'll paste it here for you also:

Mitch @ 708-715-0424

some more pictures of early booyahs onyx here:

2213211780085114583S600x600Q85.jpg

heres a very young pair (you can tell they will color nicely!):

000_0234.jpg

heres another pair:

2430370480085114583S600x600Q85.jpg

2536349210085114583S600x600Q85.jpg

2286444910085114583S600x600Q85.jpg

2959259630085114583S600x600Q85.jpg

another very young pair (Look how dark they are already!!!):

p_onyx3.jpg

another pair:

onyxClowns.jpg

Solo shot:

DSC05369.jpg

another pair:

IMG_0728.jpg

I wouldn't worry bout him bpkinn to much he doesn't have to many good things to say wheb it comes to other breeders fish he talked crap about sanjays donis and hyperboys fish to

WOW... christo is just stating a FACT. The clowns are deformed.Period. Thats all. Why u guys started hitting on him i have no idea... if ur gonna do that do it in the lounge. ;)

WOW... christo is just stating a FACT. The clowns are deformed.Period

See that is where you're wrong!!!!!! Only one clowbn was deformed all the others look great I can see that on rc there is a thread multiple pages long where people love there clowns they got from him not one person is #####ibg about them beibg deformed no one mentions christos on rc

See that is where you're wrong!!!!!! Only one clowbn was deformed all the others look great

Oh.. im wrong, :huh: ok... all the first post pictures; the clowns are deformed. Then the "

another very young pair (Look how dark they are already!!!)" is deformed also... im stating the real thing. They're heads are small compared to the body. The non deformed clowns are great. Can a guy ever say the real deal.wow

Just look at the clown in my sig... hes not onyx but he is not deformed... ur practically saying that mine is the same shape as those.... :mellow:

Edit- i just noticed something else, the very first picture... the clowns dont have any pelvic fins

Oh.. im wrong, :huh: ok... all the first post pictures; the clowns are deformed. Then the "

another very young pair (Look how dark they are already!!!)" is deformed also... im stating the real thing. They're heads are small compared to the body. The non deformed clowns are great. Can a guy ever say the real deal.wow

Just look at the clown in my sig... hes not onyx but he is not deformed... ur practically saying that mine is the same shape as those.... :mellow:

Edit- i just noticed something else, the very first picture... the clowns dont have any pelvic fins

You can say whatever you want, but when you start ####ting on people, then its out of line and an invitation for rebuttal.

The pelvic fins are there, but were most likely nipped at by other clowns in the growing tanks I assume. They should grow back I assume?

IM NOT ####ting ON ANYONE!!!

Im just saying what is true. If u like them good, but most of them are deformed...

LOL- im not getting anyone mad i just said what i saw. :D

I pretty sure people were calling me crazy and ####ting on me not the other way around.

IM NOT ####ting ON ANYONE!!!

Im just saying what is true. If u like them good, but most of them are deformed...

LOL- im not getting anyone mad i just said what i saw. :D

I pretty sure people were calling me crazy and ####ting on me not the other way around.

if your name is christosclowns, then yes. otherwise no. my comment was directed at him, not you.

WOW... christo is just stating a FACT. The clowns are deformed.Period. Thats all. Why u guys started hitting on him i have no idea... if ur gonna do that do it in the lounge. ;)

Well why did u quote my post then???

But whatever.. dont worry about it. :P

Because you brought it up.

I'm perfectly chill, takes a bit to rile me up :)

as far as the "deformities", lets be honest, its in the eyes of the beholder. All those fish look great to me, and the colors are unbeatable

Archived