Coral Vue Hydros

QT a Crocea in a 4g seahorse tank with 2x18 watt 50/50's. possible?

nanoreefnate

well i got this crocea clam from a wonderful seller on ebay and i decided to put it in my seahorse tank because my crocea in my main tank has a couple of whiter spots (not speckles or patches just little like pinhead sized areas)and i read on some site that this was some kind of protazoan infection...didnt belive it a first but im just being safe. anyways i put it into my tank which has a coralife aqualight that has 2 18 watt 50/50s. i was wondering if i could sucessfuly keep this clam here for a couple of weeks. oh and one more thing, one of its byssal threads was already attached to the bottom of the tank when i tried to move it! anyways thanks in advance for all your helpful advice -Nate

thanks for the reply! i might move it up but like i said...for some reason it started attaching itself to the floor... so i put a piece of LR in the sand so it would attach to that if i had to move it...also the flow in that corner is just right for it...gentle but still fast. thanks for the advice! -Nate

what kind of seahorse do you have?

its a pair of dwarf seahorses...ill upload some pics in a sec. anyways i got a pair for 15 dollars on ebay. the seller was danac305 if your interested in getting some...i'm planning on getting 1 or 2 more pairs for this tank as i could fit 6 pairs in the tank but then my pod population would go drastically down and i would have to feed frozen...i wouldn't like to do that so i'm keeping my tank to half pupulation...and no i don't feed them...i just put bottle of copeopods from the LFS or i get pods from my fuge in my 46g bow.

its a pair of dwarf seahorses...ill upload some pics in a sec. anyways i got a pair for 15 dollars on ebay. the seller was danac305 if your interested in getting some...i'm planning on getting 1 or 2 more pairs for this tank as i could fit 6 pairs in the tank but then my pod population would go drastically down and i would have to feed frozen...i wouldn't like to do that so i'm keeping my tank to half pupulation...and no i don't feed them...i just put bottle of copeopods from the LFS or i get pods from my fuge in my 46g bow.

I was told they only eat newly hatched baby brine. From what everyone says that breeds them, they will only survive on that.

yes. that is why i weekly add copepods to the tank...i always see them hunting for the microscopic things...ITS SOOOO COOL! =P

SEAHORSE PICS!

one of my seahorse's hunting for copepods

Photo_102.jpg

swiming round the mini biotope

Photo_95.jpg

look at how small he is compared to that nerite snail!!!

Photo_94.jpg

why would you risk adding a clam that could be carrying hydroids that good kill your DSH

clams can carry hydriods??? no firstly... what are hydriods?!?!?!?! ive heard of them...never knew what they are or what the look like...please explain my good sir.

My point was why would you introduce something into a DSH biotope and take the risks. If you researched them, you would know that most people use fake plants and dry base to start tank for them.

thanks a bunch javisaman for that link...and now on to more important maters...

Red Alert!!! All hands to battle stations hydriods on the port and starboard bow!!! omgomgomg:unsure::eek::lockdown::scarry:omgomgomg

what am i going to do!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! theyre in my seahorse tank!!!

and yes...i did reasearch...that is why i only used plants from the people i got the seahorses from...also i used fry base rock...but still hydriods....im thinking from my own pod culture...ohhh well...at least they will die off without a food source... :happydance: but it will apparently take 2-3 weeks :unsure::scarry:

thanks for your help dtfleming

one more thing...i've probably had these hydroids in there since the beginning... and my sea horses always go hunting on the glass and rock work for food...why haven't they been stung???

and yeah..il move it...but can you confirm that thing about white spots on clams being a lethal protazon infection? thanks a bunch!

Well that's the cutest little sea horse I have ever seen.

awww shucks..thanks! lol i got him with a female but she always hiding.

Archived