inTank Media Baskets

Chrissy's 72 gallon bow

Chrissy

I figured it's about time for me to start a tank thread since I don't have any room left in the gallery( and I got a new camera!)! Any comments or suggestions are always greatly appreciated :)

72 Gallon Bowfront

Outer orbit Pro light fixture 2x250w 10k MH 2x460 and 2x420 actinic T5HO

CPR overflow

20 gallon sump with fuge (LR,chaeto, bunch of kenya trees that I pluck from my rocks)

Octopus 150 NW skimmer

Bunch of LR (not sure on the poundage)

80 lbs of sand

Bunch of corals (softies, LPS,SPS)

2 Oc clowns, yellow tang, hippo tang, tailspot blenny, lawnmower blenny, 2 pj cardinals, talbot's damsel

CUC ~ emerald mithrax crab, red mithrax crab, fire shrimp, peppermint shrimp, blue leg hermits, red leg hermits, dwarf zebra hermits, dwarf red tip hermits, astrea snails, nassarius snails, star snails, cerith snails, red foot conk.

Newest FTS

post-35886-1218653459_thumb.jpg

post-35886-1218653474_thumb.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks great!

what are you using for flow?

Oops..forgot that part... I have 2 Koralia 3's and the return pump is 1590 gph with a SQWD and two over the top returns.

Needreefunds

Have I ever told you your tank looks absolutely amazing??

Oh, I did?

OK, well then it still looks awesome! :lol:

Great pictures too Chrissy!

Keep 'em coming. :)

Have I ever told you your tank looks absolutely amazing??

Oh, I did?

OK, well then it still looks awesome! :lol:

Great pictures too Chrissy!

Keep 'em coming. :)

Thank you so much! :D I'll post some more pics soon! I just put the zoas back in the tank!

That tank is AMAZING!!

So so pretty. We have a 75 FW that my mom already wants to convert to salt. I'll have to show her yours for a little more encouragement :lol:

nice so how is the flow with them/ i plan on using 3 K3s on my 90 along with my return and i plan on a similar coral set

Woohoo! Looks lovely, and I'm glad to see its doing well for you. Almost looks like Zoanthids at first glance and it looks like the mouths are turning a light blue for you, what type of lighting is that?

Woohoo! Looks lovely, and I'm glad to see its doing well for you. Almost looks like Zoanthids at first glance and it looks like the mouths are turning a light blue for you, what type of lighting is that?

I told you it looked awesome! Hehe Thank you again! :D I have 2x250w 10k MH and 2x54w 420 & 2x54w 460 T5HO

Needreefunds

Gee Chrissy, looked pretty good out on the porch too!

When you leak test you don't fool around huh? :P

BTW, how are the zoas doing?

Gee Chrissy, looked pretty good out on the porch too!

When you leak test you don't fool around huh? :P

BTW, how are the zoas doing?

LOL

The zoas are doing okay. I moved most of them back in...definitely not as big and pretty as they used to be yet. The AoGs still look like crap :(

On another note...that nice tubinaria up there...well my watermelon chalice frag fell on it and I think the tubinaria killed it :angry: I'll take a pic to see if anyone thinks it has a chance of survival.

Needreefunds
LOL

The zoas are doing okay. I moved most of them back in...definitely not as big and pretty as they used to be yet. The AoGs still look like crap :(

On another note...that nice tubinaria up there...well my watermelon chalice frag fell on it and I think the tubinaria killed it :angry: I'll take a pic to see if anyone thinks it has a chance of survival.

Zoos are really strange that way.

They drive me nuts sometimes. Just when they start to look really good they get pox, or fungus or unexplained die back or simply melt away to nuttin' for reasons unknown.

I have a frag of bam-bams that do this, just as they get to the point of fragging they will die back to 2-3 polyps and then start over. This frag has done this about three times already!

" hearty, easy, beginner coral my butt" :o:D

That really stinks about the chalice.

I'd say if there is even a hint of flesh left it has a chance though.

I like bowfronts there arnt many people that have them, and i have to say yours is one of the best iv seen. As many others would say to im sure. How old is yours, ever experenced any major crashes or issues? Do you ever have a problem with over heating since you dont got a chiller. Im waiting to setup a 46 bowfront. Its got a stainless steel stand and hood its looks prety sweet. I think im going to use t5s, its a pain to fit a sump in a 46 gal stand tho so im just going to use a 15 high for a skimmer and return.

I like bowfronts there arnt many people that have them, and i have to say yours is one of the best iv seen. As many others would say to im sure. How old is yours, ever experenced any major crashes or issues? Do you ever have a problem with over heating since you dont got a chiller. Im waiting to setup a 46 bowfront. Its got a stainless steel stand and hood its looks prety sweet. I think im going to use t5s, its a pain to fit a sump in a 46 gal stand tho so im just going to use a 15 high for a skimmer and return.

Thank you!

It's only been set up for around 3 months...we broke down our 2 20 gallons and put them into one large reef. I DO have problems with overheating..if I don't keep an eye on it, it will get up to 85 degrees, so we installed a fan in the sump and float ice packs in the return area to keep it at 80 degrees and don't run the halides on the hot days. We have a 54 gallon corner that just finished cycling and the area under the tank is tiny, so we have an 18 gallon high that fits perfectly...maybe you can try that? Just becareful to get the measurements of the skimmer footprint and sump before buying a skimmer. We had to take out one of the baffles to get the octopus to fit in the 72 gallon's sump.

Needreefunds... here are the zoabackinthetankpics from tonight ;)

And then my poor little watermelon chalice...

post-35886-1218862651_thumb.jpg

post-35886-1218862664_thumb.jpg

post-35886-1218862675_thumb.jpg

post-35886-1218862686_thumb.jpg

Just a little update...

The watermelon chalice frag is still kicking, but still isn't healed. We had a heat wave last week and the tank got up to 86 degrees! We had fans blowing and ice packs in the sump. We didn't lose anything, although most of the zoas got pretty pissed off.

I fragged all of my acan lords and the micros---and they are all doing great! I was a nervous wreck and my hands were shaking like crazy, though! LOL

We picked up a couple of new LPS from an LFS that we'd never been to before. One is what we think is a purple and blue scoly and the other is what we think is a green branching lobo. They were only $24 each! :) They had them under flourescent lighting at the LFS, so I'm curious to see if they change colors under my halides and T5s.

Picture of the new corals....

post-35886-1219342391_thumb.jpg

Needreefunds

Nice stuff Chrissy!

Zoos look to have handled the treatment fairly well, no?

and I still think the chalice stands a good chance! :P

Archived