RayWhisperer

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RayWhisperer
were do u think all the le corals came from. :D

Ahh, it all makes perfect sense now! Tyree is in bed with Borneman! :lol:

RayWhisperer

C'mon guys... I'm shooting for 35 pages of flaming goodness before this gets shut down.

I'm gonna try and copy some of those FOIA copies for those who aren't "in the know". (Even though it's everywhere but here.) Maybe that'll help.

FWIW, I think the reason Borneman is zippered up tighter than a virgin's jeans, is there is pending litigation.

Tyree is in bed with Borneman!

Now, there's a mental image I could have done without... :blink: LOL

Hey guys... guess what I just noticed? This is the very *first* reef keeping forum I ever joined! ;)

RayWhisperer

Oh, Sihaya is here! I didn't know you were a member?!?!?!

You seem to know alot more about this than most. So, if ya have anything to add, I'd love to see it. This is like the O.C. reefing style!

Now, there's a mental image I could have done without... blink.gif LOL

I could come up with alot more for that spank. Just gimme the word. ;)

Hey guys... guess what I just noticed? This is the very *first* reef keeping forum I ever joined! wink.gif

What a coinkydink, me too.... Whadya doin next weekend? ;)

You have no idea how nostalgic coming back to this forum is for me. I mean, my first ever reef tank was a 5g nano tank on my desk in my bedroom. This is where I first fell in love with the hobby. Excuse me while I let the memories flood back...

ok, I'm done...

So what would you like to know? :D

RayWhisperer
You have no idea how nostalgic coming back to this forum is for me. I mean, my first ever reef tank was a 5g nano tank on my desk in my bedroom. This is where I first fell in love with the hobby. Excuse me while I let the memories flood back...

ok, I'm done...

So what would you like to know? :D

ALL THE NITTY GRITTY! I don't think EB, or any of the other "biggies" come here. Except for Tiny, of course.... BTW, he'll be asking for a HD pic when he catches wind of you. Better send one to me first, that way he'll just give up. He's a dog, and when someone else has marked their territory, little dogs like that just walk away.

Sorry for the run-on sentence. :lol:

Hey guys... guess what I just noticed? This is the very *first* reef keeping forum I ever joined! ;)
they always come back "home".

or at least to where the action is. :lol:

Except for Tiny, of course.... BTW, he'll be asking for a HD pic when he catches wind of you. Better send one to me first, that way he'll just give up. He's a dog, and when someone else has marked their territory, little dogs like that just walk away.
*smacks-rayloudmouth's-head* down! heel!

I bet you it was Bomber.

Beerguy was probably in on it too.

Framing someone who actually has done good for the hobby as opposed to lie, cheat and steal.

Wait...steal...nevermind!

:)

LOL You guys are a hoot. Why did I ever leave this forum? If I'd never left here for RC, the whole Bomber/experts fiasco might never have happened, never been banned from MD, never would have.... ok, well, let's just say my forum "career" could have taken a whole different theme. ;)

Anyway... if you want a basic summary of what's on the OL site, more or less, Mr. Borneman took truck-loads of corals from the Keys. There's a lot of debate over if he took too much and/or if those corals were ever intended for research in the first place. He did have valid permits and he did submit an inventory. However, there's reason to think that, at least once, he didn't follow the permit instructions that require FKNMS staff supervision when taking the corals. And the inventory, though submitted as per FKNMS instructions, doesn't reveal the enormous size (>50cm) of some of the colonies taken. There's then the question of why the corals were taken to a commercial distributor and if the FKNMS ever really understood that that's where Mr. Borneman was taking them. The corals were apparently contaminated (or assumed to be since they were housed at a commercial distributor that also had indo-pacific corals... so it was highly unlikely that they weren't contaminated).

As for the fate of the corals... that's a whole other set of questions. We don't know why the corals started to die or why Mr. Borneman apparently didn't contact the FKNMS immediately when they started having problems. It looks like, eventually, a guy named Craig Watson alerted the FKNMS to the crisis with the "Borneman corals" and Billy Causey demanded that all the corals be returned. Unfortunately, by the time the corals were shipped back, it looks like most of them were either dead or in very bad shape.

Now, before all you Borneman fans pounce on me... please just READ THE DOCUMENTS. You might come to a totally different conclusion... and many people do. I AM trying to give you all as non-partisan a summary as I can, but it's best if people just read the documents and decide for themselves. :) Steven and Chuck (though they weren't involved in the project either) have their own versions of the story on reefs.org.

I bet you it was Bomber.

What ever happened to bomber? I traded PM's with him a feew times on "That other forum" and he seemed like I really nice guy.

Tim

Archived