inTank Media Baskets

[Custom] jeremai

jeremai

...unfortunately a resemblance to a tropical worm species doesn't help me much. :(

Actually, I think it does. Though I didn't find a positive id, I still think it is a type of peanut worm. Didn't realize there were so many different ones, tropical and temperate. Here are some interesting links I found. One is a list. I didn't have time to check them all for photos. Maybe you can get the time. Anyway, hth.

ReefKeeping.com

This, I can't recall what it is, but I emailed it home so it's something :lol: If that link doesn't work, click here and choose Appendix B.

This is the list. Maybe you can google the individual worms for pics.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nano_reeflover

Its a Micrura verrilli. They eat crustaceans, polychaetes, and are cannibals ;)

Phylum: Nemertea

Class: Anopla

Order: Heteronemertea

Family: Lineidae

Genus: Micrura

Species: verrilli

I tried, Jere. Guess I'm just a reeftard after all <_<

I'm a junior in HS. When I get a job, I would like to be a biologist.

Thanks for the confirmation :D

I'm a junior in HS. When I get a job, I would like to be a biologist.

Woo hoo! If you'd like practice, I could use an ID on the bryozoans I posted way back on page two or something. :)

i was browsing one of the aquarium magazines the other day and it had an article about temperate tanks. the author stated that you really shouldn't drop your chiller down past the recommended temperature... something about busting a tube. sorry, i can't remember... expansion tube maybe?

Yeah, the expansion tube is a part of the thermostat system, I believe. Some nut told me the same thing, but Current seemed to think it won't be a problem. We'll see, but I'd like a citation so I can read the article. :)

nano_reeflover
Woo hoo! If you'd like practice, I could use an ID on the bryozoans I posted way back on page two or something.

I dont think I even want to attempt that one lol.

It appears I may have jumped the gun on my identification of the anemones.

What I called U. felina is actually U. crassicornis.

What I called U. crassicornis is actually U. grebelnyi; could also possibly be Cribrinopsis albopunctata. Still waiting on a definite ID for that one.

The Sanamyans are making amazing progress in correctly classifying PAcific anemones; in the past they were incorrectly lumped together with their Atlantic counterparts.

reefin', send me those anemones and I'll get an updated FTS. :)

I should be getting another shipment from my guy in WA in a couple weeks. in the mean time, I gotta make my 3 shots a month, so I'll post some more photos soon.

Last night I witnessed one of my hermit crabs snip off a tentacle from my favorite anemone and proceed to eat it.

So this morning my hermit crabs are drying out nicely on the roof of my building.

They're pretty dead at this point - cats probably got to them shorty after I set them out.

Bastards. I never really liked em anyway; and today my anemones are all a third again larger than normal. Pfft.

Archived