6 replies to this topic

Newstead

Newstead

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Joined 01 Jun 2012
  • NC

Just relating my experience this week ordering from Saltcritters.
The good:
1) Price - $10 frag sell, 24.99 shipping
2) Received several emails notifying me about shipment
3) Corals were well packed with a heat pack
4) I received a timely response to my picture and email about a problem with one of the zoa frags
5) All corals have opened after 2 days except for the acro.
6) Some nice colored zoas
7) The 1 ricordia is nicely colored and clean if small

The bad:
1) One zoa frag arrived with several polyps floating free - when I opened it into a container after temp acclimating per their instructions there was a very fast 1/4 inch long "bug" racing from the frag to the loose polyps. I videotaped it and sent a pic of the loose polyps to them, offering to send the video. They emailed back that the loose polyps were from FedEx throwing the box around and to reglue the individual polyps. No response at all about the bug eating them.
2) All 4 zoa frags had lots of brown junk floating in the bags
3) The 1 acro frag was completely brown, mostly skeleton, with numerous pineapple sponges on the acro as well as GHA on the frag plug.
4) Acan and blasto frags are tiny heads
5) Some zoa polyps still shedding "skin" and a few more polyps have floated free.

Perhaps I expected too much for a ten dollar sale, but I would be just be aware that their frags need a good examination and dipping for pests, algae, etc. if you order from them. I have pics of opening, frags, their email, etc. if anyone is interested further.
  • Ibuyen, stellablue and dandelion like this

WV Reefer

WV Reefer

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 12 Feb 2016
  • WV
Thank you for the details. I have had great experiences ordering from them so far. i saw a picture of the frag you posted and none of my stuff looked like that!

The carriers beat the sh*t out of everything.... I am surprised anything makes it alive. :)
  • Newstead likes this

-Christy

Owner of:

-12 Gallon Long Low Tech Reef

-2.2 Gallon Cube- Home of "The Creep"

-75 Gallon Planted Tank

stellablue

stellablue

Macro Hoarder & Coral Smasher

• Premium Members
  • 15,434 posts
  • Joined 23 Jan 2015
  • Connecticut
My experiences have been hit or miss with them. Some similar to yours, minus the acro.
  • Newstead likes this

Ibuyen

Ibuyen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Joined 24 Sep 2012
  • Pottstown Pa

my sale items are same, lost two frags of zoas in the first day, seemed to be freshly glued to plug. 

• Newstead likes this

docshipwreck

docshipwreck

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 27 Aug 2016
  • West Lawn , PA

I dipped for pests. No bugs but had the brown junk.All zoas were attached.  My flame angel ate my Brain but it looked amazing, My ric was about 1/8 and inch in diameter, MAYBE 1/4 inch. either someone ate it or it floated free and is somewhere, it was though a GORGEOUS orange color.

I tried to buy enough at sale price to justify the shipping and my opinion is in the middle. I'd buy again and then maybe decide for the future. I did see lots of reviews going both ways on here and FB so I figured it was worth a shot. 

• Newstead likes this

braaap

braaap

BRAPPY MCBRAAAAPFACE

• Members
  • 4,145 posts
  • Joined 03 Sep 2014
  • Seattle WA

I bought 10 ricordea from them the sale before last. All arrived in good shape. About the size of a standard plug and still looking good if not growing. I will say their website is AWFUL. I couldn't do anything during their last sale and was going to buy 10 more.

• Newstead and WV Reefer like this

CLICK FOR REMOTE DETONATION

Click for my positive feedback >>>>77f2f2c6eb4625139b145a4214b9052f_zpsl6uf <<< Click for my positive feedback

Everyone HATES Braaap....hes just one of those things in life that you hate but for some reason cant help loving at the same time.

Case in point this thread. The OP hated him so much but couldnt just let things go. He had to come make this thread, unconsiously knowing that it would turn into Braaaps happy place.

uwharrie

uwharrie

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 975 posts
  • Joined 10 Oct 2015
  • Central North Carolina
Took advantage of Black Friday sale. Only had one Zoa not make it. They replaced it with my next shipment
  • Newstead likes this
Biocube 29