ReefCleaners.org

FS: Nano Conch Snails (strombus maculatus) 5 for $25 Shipped

glennr1978

IME yes, the newly-hatched baby snails are delicious to just about everything. Anemones, hermit crabs, fish (including my ruby mandarin) will go nuts shortly after a set of egg sacs start to hatch. General rule is if the critter in question can fit the snail into its mouth, it'll eat 'em.

Seems to keep the population stable as I'm nowhere near the count shown on the previous page, but every now any then I'll siphon a few as-yet-uneaten babies off the walls where the adults like to lay them & release into the rockwork/macroalgae so as to give them a chance at growing up to make more. ;)

Also - the euplica scripta (thanks JMB for the ID) that I picked up from one of the relevant other sale threads with identical shell/markings leave all the decorative macroalgae I have in my system alone... at least codium, blue scroll (padina sp.), gracilaria hayi and (likely ID) gracilaria parvispora seem to be off the menu.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:16 AM, jamescstein said:

They aren't touching my dragons breath. AS for how fast do they multiply?

I bought 6 of these buggers 2 months ago from Indo-Pacific Sea farms. Within a month I had close to 100 little ones crawling around on my glass.

DA5209C0-B12F-4BC3-AEAA-9D523CE897A0.jpg

I probably have about 200 now in various stages of growth. The first 'spawn' should be getting of age to reproduce. I've been plucking the largest of the new ones out of my tank and putting them in my wifes algae filled 125.

let me know if youre selling some of them. Thanks!

On 11/7/2017 at 2:47 PM, Vortex said:

Glen, have any more?? 

His tanks was destroyed by hurricane Harvey. :(

On 11/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, Noinoi24 said:

let me know if youre selling some of them. Thanks!

He hasnt't logged in since December...However, he said he got some from IPSF, so why don't you try there?

• Recommended Discussions