Pod Your Reef

Kijho's IM Fusion 20

Kijho

Ello' friends! It's been a little while since a good update! Things in my Fusion 20 are going very well, fantastic really! I love coming home every night after work and the excitement coming around the corner just to see how the corals and fish are doing!

I've added several things over the past few weeks. I've been quite selective with what I've added, while trying to remain conscious of costs. My theme's been euphyllia - But I've just added another feather duster! I've also added some Zoa's, and a new variety of mushroom.

The one LFS that was stocking heaps of Acan's has disappeared / closed down.. very confused why. But there's no acan's anywhere reliable now locally, so not sure.. I have 2 heads, I guess I'll just let them be happy haha. Maybe the top corner in that vicinity will be the "random" second of whatever..

Enough rambling, more pics!!

27612565344_ec3b3a753c_b.jpgIMG_3690 by Spencer, on Flickr

28150514411_acf31e760e_b.jpgIMG_3709 by Spencer, on Flickr

This is the small frag rock WYSIWYG I picked up. A few different zoa's, and a shroom ric!

28150514151_e956a98974_b.jpgIMG_3725 by Spencer, on Flickr

New feather duster. Took me some time to decide on this, I wanted the specific color!

28150513771_579a6f66fb_b.jpgIMG_3743 by Spencer, on Flickr

A FTS with some wonky lighting because I'm still trying to get my AI / Camera settings to cooperate for bigger shots like this.

28150513391_13b5c850db_b.jpgIMG_3748 by Spencer, on Flickr

New:

7 heads of hammer euphyllia

1x variety zoa's

1x mushroom ric

1x feather duster

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! :)

Does anyone have any issues in terms of their water level on a Fusion 20 going high that it just barely touches the mesh lid? Something's weird, because this past week the water has been touching the TOP lid (and like - seeping through) so close to the edge?

I don't know, I almost think the water isn't going into the BACK chamber FAST enough than what the pump is pushing out. BUT - The level inside stays the same? It's so odd.

I took a bit of water OUT, but then it's happened again today. I feel like it's media slowing down or something the flow, but it's so odd :(

HcQKFJH.jpg

The spin-stream pushes it up there !

• Like 6

I had that problem in my 4g tank. First I turned my spinstream so the outlet was as low as possible. Then I revamped my filtration so the water flowed through it more easily.

PS: looks great, it's a very nice upgrade!

• Like 1

I had that problem in my 4g tank. First I turned my spinstream so the outlet was as low as possible. Then I revamped my filtration so the water flowed through it more easily.

PS: looks great, it's a very nice upgrade!

Thanks so much Teeny!

• Like 1

Ah man...

My first coral loss in this tank :( My beautiful purple feather duster is somehow out of his tube and floating around :( No idea why or how, just saw it - But the other featherduster which is only a few inches away is still there and fully open. Damn :(

I've heard of Tube Worms (Feather Dusters) doing this. It may yet still be alive. For some reason they will "lose" their feather head and float.

Just to be sure, google might help.

• Like 1

I've read some stuff on feather duster coming out of their tubes if they get disturbed. This may have been the reason. Also I've heard of people just putting the head back in and they still survive. Btw I love your tank and all the euphyllias! Theyre my favorite

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lack of updates, life's just been so busy and tank's been on auto-pilot. Love coming home to it everyday though and seeing things so big. I picked up one of those new magnet nano-scrapers for glass cleaning. This thing is the best glass cleaner/ scraper I've ever USED .. 100x better than the twofishies thing. This literally removed every last speck, friend saw the tank and said "it doesn't even look like glass is there wow.."

In other news.. I'm happy I didn't discard the feather duster tube. I was going to (because the feather fell out, floated around the tank, and the shrimp or something took it.. probably ate it I'm not sure lol but it's gone). Really I just didn't have time to remove it, so I just left it. Well... past few days, an entirely new feather duster head has sprouted out! This one's a beautiful pure white color ?!!! Seriously! Incredible! It comes out more at night right now, but it's almost 2cm in size already in less than a week. I'm so happy to see this, I'll be taking special care of it and hopefully watch it fully grow to be as big as the previous one!!

Here's a car photo update for anyone interested! :D

28367667310_cea4e14d1a_b.jpgIMG_3920 by kijho66, on Flickr

• Like 3

It's really unfortunate Reef Wonderland closed. I felt like they had the best frags in Calgary for a reasonable price. I was about to go there a few weeks ago to pick up another acan, but then I heard they were closed :(

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Lack of updates, life's just been so busy and tank's been on auto-pilot. Love coming home to it everyday though and seeing things so big. I picked up one of those new magnet nano-scrapers for glass cleaning. This thing is the best glass cleaner/ scraper I've ever USED .. 100x better than the twofishies thing. This literally removed every last speck, friend saw the tank and said "it doesn't even look like glass is there wow.."

In other news.. I'm happy I didn't discard the feather duster tube. I was going to (because the feather fell out, floated around the tank, and the shrimp or something took it.. probably ate it I'm not sure lol but it's gone). Really I just didn't have time to remove it, so I just left it. Well... past few days, an entirely new feather duster head has sprouted out! This one's a beautiful pure white color ?!!! Seriously! Incredible! It comes out more at night right now, but it's almost 2cm in size already in less than a week. I'm so happy to see this, I'll be taking special care of it and hopefully watch it fully grow to be as big as the previous one!!

Here's a car photo update for anyone interested! :D

28367667310_cea4e14d1a_b.jpgIMG_3920 by kijho66, on Flickr

Looks good man! Glad to see the upgrade be a new step from your 5 gallon, I remember your frogspawn or hammer in the old tank being a nice piece but this blows it out of the water
  • Like 2

Looks good man! Glad to see the upgrade be a new step from your 5 gallon, I remember your frogspawn or hammer in the old tank being a nice piece but this blows it out of the water

Thank you!! The one Frogspawn in this tank is actually the same one from my old Spec V!! :) It's doing so fantastic! I've had it over a year!

Cencalfishguy56

Thank you!! The one Frogspawn in this tank is actually the same one from my old Spec V!! :) It's doing so fantastic! I've had it over a year!

awesome man! I'm stoked!
  • Like 1

Tank and car is looking sweet dude. I've got yellow fog lights on my white 86 and ordered a pair of matte bronze wheels that never showed up. What a headache that was. Love the colour combo.

• Like 1

Tank and car is looking sweet dude. I've got yellow fog lights on my white 86 and ordered a pair of matte bronze wheels that never showed up. What a headache that was. Love the colour combo.

Thanks man! :D

• Like 1

In case you still had the high water level issue - with a strong return pump, you need to make sure your filtration doesn't clog up. I have filter floss at the top in both returns, and when it clogs, the display's water level bumps up dramatically. The ATO also overdoes it, due to the lower water level in the back of the tank.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tank looking awesome! Quick question, about to pick up a AI Prime for my IM 20, just wondering what height yours is set at?

I have it bout 9" from the top of the tank :)

Things have just been pretty much on auto-pilot over the past weeks/ months. Life's been super busy, but things are doing well in here!

I recently changed salt / water over to the Red Sea Pro salt which is seemingly quite nice!!

30431701991_c981304a62_b.jpgIMG_5917 by Spencer, on Flickr

30220388780_2bce660000_b.jpgIMG_5931 by Spencer, on Flickr

Need. More. Euphyllia. :D

• Like 7
Cencalfishguy56

Things have just been pretty much on auto-pilot over the past weeks/ months. Life's been super busy, but things are doing well in here!

I recently changed salt / water over to the Red Sea Pro salt which is seemingly quite nice!!

30431701991_c981304a62_b.jpgIMG_5917 by Spencer, on Flickr

30220388780_2bce660000_b.jpgIMG_5931 by Spencer, on Flickr

Need. More. Euphyllia. :D

such a nice little tank :)
  • 3 weeks later...

Picked up a Green Goniopora :) It's going to expand more once it settles (only been 1 day in this pic), and I had to move my own hammer coral over but I like how it looks now. Fills out nicely, but will continue slowly adding more!! :)

There's also something new in the pic which is about 4 weeks old now, if you can spot her ;) She's eating mysis and pellet (but I have to soak the pellet in water first then put my fingers down infront of her - she takes it and is VERY calm it's crazy she'll swim right in my hand!!)

25327928779_8d7c1fe109_b.jpgIMG_6780 by Spencer, on Flickr

22785249728_598b3181d4_b.jpgIMG_6798 by Spencer, on Flickr

• Like 3