Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bad fish store advice, should have known better

madtownguy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus you guys are an uppity bunch who don't read well. I listened to the pet store guy, I told him that the tank was not ready. I AM NOT trying to cycle the tank with the fish. I was going to throw something in for the wife who doesn't understand keep an empty tank around, obviously you are a bunch of single guys that don't realize happy wife happy life is the way to live. I do not view the fish as something special that I'm destroy because I've owned alligators and fed them thousands of fish and mice so one damsel certainly I'm not going to lose sleep over. You are getting on me when I specifically said that I didn't think the tank was ready and the guy convinced me that if it's anywhere near it is good enough. I am not a troll and just was telling a story. I guess this isn't the forum for story telling, and obviously not the best forum to be a member of judging by the incredible over reaction by most.

Jesus you guys are an uppity bunch who don't read well. I listened to the pet store guy, I told him that the tank was not ready. I AM NOT trying to cycle the tank with the fish. I was going to throw something in for the wife who doesn't understand keep an empty tank around, obviously you are a bunch of single guys that don't realize happy wife happy life is the way to live. I do not view the fish as something special that I'm destroy because I've owned alligators and fed them thousands of fish and mice so one damsel certainly I'm not going to lose sleep over. You are getting on me when I specifically said that I didn't think the tank was ready and the guy convinced me that if it's anywhere near it is good enough. I am not a troll and just was telling a story. I guess this isn't the forum for story telling, and obviously not the best forum to be a member of judging by the incredible over reaction by most.

Wow. So, you're upset that members don't agree with you and that we feel purposely putting a fish through unneeded stress and pain is wrong? It's torture, plain and simple. Feeding a fish to a gator is way different than putting a fish in a tank that "may, may not" be ready for fish. One is the circle of life, the other, like I said, is torture. Shame on you for listening to an LFS owner rather than doing your own research. This isn't their fault, they're trying to make a buck. It is your fault for not doing your own research and/or being prepared to keep a clown. You say you're experienced, but one of the first things I learned quickly was to do my own research.

Nobody has a problem with the story or the telling, it's the morals you show that people are upset over.

Good luck on RC.

Thats a little extreme he doesnt have to leave the forums haha. All he has to do is learn from his mistakes and fix them.. We shall forgive!!

that's why I gave him 2 options, he can improve, or he should leave.

Most definitely a troll.

stop it with the troll stuff, chances are he is not a troll.

stop it with the troll stuff, chances are he is not a troll.

I disagree. Claims to have had past reef tanks, yet asks stupid question in beginner forum, claims people are overreacting, and then says that we must all be single because we don't understand why he would put a fish in an empty tank to appease his wife. Screams troll.

It's Mr. Salwater tank dude trolling y'all , because we all know you can Dr.Tim's one and done that shit with some clowns and it works!

I disagree. Claims to have had past reef tanks, yet asks stupid question in beginner forum, claims people are overreacting, and then says that we must all be single because we don't understand why he would put a fish in an empty tank to appease his wife. Screams troll.

yes, I know, I never said he is not a troll, I just said chances are he isn't. we don't have any reference to what any of his past tanks were like, keeping a reef tank and keeping a healthy reef tank are two totally different things.

if he is not a troll chances are he is quite upset with how the response has been extremely (though well deserved for what he said) harsh, and that could explain why he is saying some of these things.

I went against my gut instinct and started to believe the pet store guy since I have been out of the salt water game so long I thought maybe something changed and fish were hardier.

You heard right, they're indestructible now. Heck throw nemo in a glass of fresh water and microwave the guy, you'll see, he lives!

EDIT: Prolly shouldn't have said that, this guy believes anything he hears apparently :huh:

:lol: Good synopsis.

hey, we aren't all uppity reefers who think they know everything. but you need to work on correcting what has been done regardless.

hey, we aren't all uppity reefers who think they know everything. but you need to work on correcting what has been done regardless.

+1

Help the poor fish or put it out of its misery.

But I have to agree with the troll bit, OP joined 3 days ago, has been out of the salt hobby for years but found nano-reef easy peasy? Knew how to make a profile and thread but didn't do a simple hey y'all or search in this forum? Naw, that's a troll.

Markburns43

At the end of the day you were no where ready to put fish in obviously you knew? Your thread title says you knew better why are you making a post about it? Do you have a question? Lol you bought a fish, maybe thats if your not trolling for reactions, and a salt water fish and like many othera said dont know your salinity? Im sorry man but i dont have a shear bit of compassion for you only your fish, even if its a 3 dollar bastard fish and your nemo

I am not sure if he is a troll, bringing up gators does nake me question though.

I mean, no offense amphipod, but 90% of us thought you were a troll. Lol so I am nuch less likely to label trills now... now anytime i mention anything weird on nanoreef, my husband asks, "is this an amphipod experiment?" But gators? Really? Those don't make good pets. They are known for eating your pets.

And if he kept gators, it would imply he knows that you should ALWAYS RESEARCH YOUR ANIMALS, EXOTIC OR DOMESTIC.

And this is a place for story telling, but don't get butt hurt when someone calls you out. You are just as bad as people who buy tanks and fish all in one day. Except you're worse. You claim you know what you are doing and still decide to act like a noob. Thats not going to get you sympathy here.

HarryPotter

You heard right, they're indestructible now. Heck throw nemo in a glass of fresh water and microwave the guy, you'll see, he lives!

EDIT: Prolly shouldn't have said that, this guy believes anything he hears apparently :huh:

I once had a Nemo jump into a frying pan of oil, I grabbed him, he slid out of my hands into a cup of vinegar, the cup spilled, my dog ate it, and when it pooped out the Nemo it was still alive.

:ninja:

But I have to agree with the troll bit, OP joined 3 days ago, has been out of the salt hobby for years but found nano-reef easy peasy? Knew how to make a profile and thread but didn't do a simple hey y'all or search in this forum? Naw, that's a troll.

I must say though he claimed to be telling a story on this forum, so that would be reason to make a new thread

I once had a Nemo jump into a frying pan of oil, I grabbed him, he slid out of my hands into a cup of vinegar, the cup spilled, my dog ate it, and when it pooped out the Nemo it was still alive.

:ninja:

You italicized only part of the scientific name. I believe you meant an Amphiprion nemo lets keep things proffessional people.

Well you yourself are not over reacting you're just plain stupid. There wasn't a question mark in my post anywhere. I posted to help a beginner not take the fish store guys word as the holy grail. Anyway Nemo is doing very well now, he bounced back. He is a percula clown, which is what nemo also was. I got a handful of stuff in the mail today, so temperature won't be a problem with heater and chiller hooked up. What I thought was off and was probably causing the problem was the salinity was a little low. Unfortunately I have to wait for more salt and with him bouncing back I think he will make it until the salt comes. So I could have been wrong, the pet store guy might be right and close may have been good enough for him. But that makes all you guys really wrong. I'm not going to get into the torturing of a fish because I'm not a child and some could say keeping a fish in an aquarium is torture. Obviously this isn't the forum for me, way to up tight and all the weird internet photos are a little over board. Plus this troll stuff is too geeky for me, I think the term is kind of stupid to think people go around the internet looking for reactions is kind of dumb, there obviously isn't much moderation here. But too each their own, good luck in life guys hopefully someday you will learn how to interact with people.

Well you yourself are not over reacting you're just plain stupid. There wasn't a question mark in my post anywhere. I posted to help a beginner not take the fish store guys word as the holy grail. Anyway Nemo is doing very well now, he bounced back. He is a percula clown, which is what nemo also was. I got a handful of stuff in the mail today, so temperature won't be a problem with heater and chiller hooked up. What I thought was off and was probably causing the problem was the salinity was a little low. Unfortunately I have to wait for more salt and with him bouncing back I think he will make it until the salt comes. So I could have been wrong, the pet store guy might be right and close may have been good enough for him. But that makes all you guys really wrong. I'm not going to get into the torturing of a fish because I'm not a child and some could say keeping a fish in an aquarium is torture. Obviously this isn't the forum for me, way to up tight and all the weird internet photos are a little over board. Plus this troll stuff is too geeky for me, I think the term is kind of stupid to think people go around the internet looking for reactions is kind of dumb, there obviously isn't much moderation here. But too each their own, good luck in life guys hopefully someday you will learn how to interact with people.

K. Bye troll.

You italicized only part of the scientific name. I believe you meant an Amphiprion nemo lets keep things proffessional people.

actually its a new genus, Nemo pixaratus.

LMAO this is the best reply yet

Archived