inTank Media Baskets

LED build

Halo_003

jedimasterben

Looks like it is like 40mm internal. I would personally find something else, the boards are that good lol. If only the CNCreef Asis was a little taller it could fit inside with the LEDs. Bummer!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like it is like 40mm internal. I would personally find something else, the boards are that good lol. If only the CNCreef Asis was a little taller it could fit inside with the LEDs. Bummer!

Maybe I will use it for shallow reef 2.0 (hypothetical ADA 45F build I keep tossing around). Or a headphone amp.

Hmm. It would be sweet if it could fit in with the LEDs,shame it doesn't.

mcblablabla

The driver board measures 100mm wide x 150mm long. I haven't measured the height of the PcB with the LDD's and the BFMini installed. Maybe Ben would be so kind?

Hello O2,

Is there a place where more informations/ spec could be find?

Thanks

Gerd

While I consider the driver box issue, am I right in thinking I need 8 pins/wires in my link cable from driver box to LED unit?

My thought being 4 channels, + and - for each gives 8. Is that correct? Edit: wait it would be 10 or 11 with the fan included :S

If so, any thoughts on what wire and connectors to go with? I had entertained the idea of a lightning cable but I think it would be too complicated/hard to find part for it.

Marc.The.Shark

I bought some of these for my next build the 2nd & 3rd EIAJ Connectors, not the cheapest, but man are they smooth! I have a cheaper version on my current setup from fleabay and works pretty good as I have to disconnect all the time to remove the hood. But the new ones I bought are far superior.

http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/search?w=12+pin&sitepref=1

Also I think they make Cat-5 in 5pair and 6pair solid 22 & 24 AWG, don't have a link, you'd have to do a google search, but I'm sure I came across the 5pair at least.

I bought some of these for my next build the 2nd & 3rd EIAJ Connectors, not the cheapest, but man are they smooth! I have a cheaper version on my current setup from fleabay and works pretty good as I have to disconnect all the time to remove the hood. But the new ones I bought are far superior.

http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/search?w=12+pin&sitepref=1

Also I think they make Cat-5 in 5pair and 6pair solid 22 & 24 AWG, don't have a link, you'd have to do a google search, but I'm sure I came across the 5pair at least.

Those might be perfect, something else to look into. :)

I ordered the Coralux driver board, 4 driver sockets, 3x LDD700s, 1x LDD350 today. I figured for $10 can't hurt to give the coralux 4up a shot and see if it will fit in the fixture, which would simplify things greatly. Once it shows up early next week/late this week I will be getting it's measurements and seeing if they will fit in the ASIS. If they do (which I am guessing they should), then all of it will be mounted inside the actual fixture which would be sleek as all hell. The BF Mini I believe will also fit inside the ASIS.

I may need to get Chris to make me a spacer for it, but it might be doable thus far. If it is, 100% badass because one of the main goals was a sleek fixture, no clutter, and one wire from the fixture.

I ordered the Coralux driver board, 4 driver sockets, 3x LDD700s, 1x LDD350 today. I figured for $10 can't hurt to give the coralux 4up a shot and see if it will fit in the fixture, which would simplify things greatly. Once it shows up early next week/late this week I will be getting it's measurements and seeing if they will fit in the ASIS. If they do (which I am guessing they should), then all of it will be mounted inside the actual fixture which would be sleek as all hell. The BF Mini I believe will also fit inside the ASIS.

I may need to get Chris to make me a spacer for it, but it might be doable thus far. If it is, 100% badass because one of the main goals was a sleek fixture, no clutter, and one wire from the fixture.

I don't think it is possible to fit the driver board in the unit. They units are thinner than the actual board itself.

I don't think it is possible to fit the driver board in the unit. They units are thinner than the actual board itself.

Yeah that is my thought too, I think it's unlikely, but it would be nice. If it doesn't I'll just do the original driver box idea, not super concerned, just hopeful. :)

• 1 month later...

So quick update: ASIS heats ink is here, gorgeous piece of work. Coralux 4 up, dip sockets, 3xLDD700 and 1x LDD350, and mean well HLG100H are all here. Now just have to order BF mini and V3 arrays from Dave. Still need to get a decent soldering iron/station as well.

Marc.The.Shark

Still following. Wish I woulda known to get the HLG power supply, the one I have sounds like a jet engine starting when the LED's kick on. I got it really cheap, like $30 bucks new, maybe I'll just replace the fan.

Get one of these soldering irons, 60w & works waaaay better than my old 20w one! Plus adjustable & extra tips, best deal I found...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LVQGBG4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Still following. Wish I woulda known to get the HLG power supply, the one I have sounds like a jet engine starting when the LED's kick on. I got it really cheap, like $30 bucks new, maybe I'll just replace the fan.

Get one of these soldering irons, 60w & works waaaay better than my old 20w one! Plus adjustable & extra tips, best deal I found...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LVQGBG4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

That looks excellent. My build has been on pause for a while while I was in Chicago and Wisconsin, but it's now that time to get cracking again.

Nice, ya I had the same issue with the ASIS. I wanted everything in the fixture but it was just too thin. Which is nice and sleek looking. I had Chris make me a custom enclosure for all the "guts" of the light with a black acrylic top to prevent any signal problems for the bluefish. Works like a charm. :)

IMG_0438.jpg

jedimasterben

The top actually didn't even need to be acrylic. I have a BF Mini inside my aluminum Sunpower housing and it has great signal strength :)

The top actually didn't even need to be acrylic. I have a BF Mini inside my aluminum Sunpower housing and it has great signal strength :)

Nice, when I had it built the bluefish wasnt even out yet so I wasnt sure if it would need it or not.

Nice, ya I had the same issue with the ASIS. I wanted everything in the fixture but it was just too thin. Which is nice and sleek looking. I had Chris make me a custom enclosure for all the "guts" of the light with a black acrylic top to prevent any signal problems for the bluefish. Works like a charm. :)

IMG_0438.jpg

That is super nice!!! I wish I had thought of doing the same. To be honest at this point I'm considering just going this route for the sake of simplicity. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/364481-cncreef-asis-824-pro-hybrid-with-nanobox-pucks-misc-items/#entry5119091

jedimasterben

Unless you wire the the drivers directly to the LEDs, the board you mount them to will have resistors that prevent output if no PWM signal is present.

Unless you wire the the drivers directly to the LEDs, the board you mount them to will have resistors that prevent output if no PWM signal is present.

Dang, oh well guess I will have to pony up the $$$$.

jedimasterben

If you're really strapped right now, then if your board has easy access to them, you can pop them off, but they're not the easiest to get back on.

If you're really strapped right now, then if your board has easy access to them, you can pop them off, but they're not the easiest to get back on.

Not hugely no, just didn't feel like the extra $100 right now. Oh well, that's typical with this hobby lol

Just ordered the 3x V3 arrays, BF Mini, and Nanobox hanging kit. :)

Meanwell PSU and soldering kit already arrived.

I think(!!!!) that the wire is the last thing I need.

Archived