ReefCleaners.org

Rebirth of the Foam Wall, A new build

jaynkeel

NorthGaHillbilly

Really like the wall, how much water does it hold with the wall in place? I expect you've answered this before but I couldnt find it

• Like 1

Damn good question. We shall find out as soon as the silicone has fully cured. I am gonna hazard a guess of around 3.5 gallons.

• Like 1

Not saltwater, just a r/o rinse and flow test with the wall in and lower intake slowed down a bit. Came in at around 3.25 gallons with about a half inch below the rim. Cannot believe the depth the water in makes. This thing is gonna look killer stocked.

0429152006_zpsuwbo6vni.jpg

• Like 3
NorthGaHillbilly

Not saltwater, just a r/o rinse and flow test with the wall in and lower intake slowed down a bit. Came in at around 3.25 gallons with about a half inch below the rim. Cannot believe the depth the water in makes. This thing is gonna look killer stocked.

0429152006_zpsuwbo6vni.jpg

We split the pot, literally right in the middle :D

Lookin great man, lets get that thing filled with SW

• Like 1

And here is a quick video clip showing the flow into the overflow around 19 sec in you will see some bubbles flying in. And no darth vador was not at my house, I have some allergies goin on right now lol. Oh and the trickle you hear is my 60 marineland cube with the annoying impossible to quiet overflow, been trying for 3 yrs now.

• Like 2
tdannhauser30

Thats coming along very well, I just went through this thread and went from skeptical to jealous lol. Also im located in Lockport as well!

• Like 1

One more 2 day fill rinse and drain cycle then I should be able to move this into the members forum and fill with s/w and let the build take off. Even though I blew the dust off from scuffing my topcoat with my air compressor I am still getting a slight tint of dust in the water so I want to make sure that is all rinsed off before I continue. Been going over the whole insert with a wide soft brush while full dislodging any residual crap.

Wow this is super cool, never seen a reef tank with a wall like this.

I aim to please :) , lol, but seriously thanks for the positive reinforcement.

• Like 1

Another reason I went with the portrait tank than a cube. I think the tall profile makes it possible. Gives the illusion in person of a much larger tank. Also once I kick this cold am in the process of making a custom mag cleaner that will blend into the rockwork when docked, it's gonna look cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
tjwaggoner

Just came across this and wanted to say, very nice tank. I'm really impressed. Makes me want to start a project on a small tank and try it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stupid question: we just banned pu foams from our construction projects because of health and environmental reasons. And we minimized the use of epoxy sealants.

Ain't this stuff toxic? Won't it dissipate into water?

In the EU there are dead fish displayed on the cans ?

But it looks very cool ?