SaltCritters.com

Brad's Mangrove Macro Sanctuary | Taken down! RIP

brad908

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So clean. Good to see you're still in the game

Thanks man. You making a comeback?

Those cardinals really seem to like the mangroves. I bet they will like it more once they start to root.

They never leave, except to go to the back of the tank where I left space between the big cube and little cube. I thought about filling it in, but he fish love to go hide and sleep back there

I hope I see roots, but doubt it. The current roots are probably down like 3" from the top of the sand. Probably going to take a while.

• 2 weeks later...

I need an ATO for this tank.

1. Standard ELOS ATO setup
  2. Create a rain ato

Benefits of a rain ato would be : clean the mangroves and it would be cool

If I went with the rain ato idea, I would just buy a standard little pump and have it come on every couple hours for an undetermined amount of time (will start tracking evaporation loss)

Rain ato sounds awesome man hope you go with it so I can see how it works

Plan would be to get the smallest pvc available, make a rectangle, paint it the same color as the halide fixture, attach it to the bottom of the halide, drill holes into the pvc, run black vinyl tubing from the pvc pipe and down with the power cord of the halide.

The main thing is that this is able to rain on each mangrove. I want to take out any manual spraying of the mangroves

Mr. Microscope

Wow! Can't believe I just found this. What a fun and unique build. Really looking forward to more.

I'm sure you've already been asked and answered this question, but got any plans to add some corals in there? I could definitely see an acan or blaso garden populating that thing or maybe some anemones.

(BTW, sorry to flood your notifications with Likes.) ;)

Wow! Can't believe I just found this. What a fun and unique build. Really looking forward to more.I'm sure you've already been asked and answered this question, but got any plans to add some corals in there? I could definitely see an acan or blaso garden populating that thing or maybe some anemones.(BTW, sorry to flood your notifications with Likes.) ;)

Thanks! I saw 16 notifications and was like wtf happened lol

Plans are rock nems on the rocks and coco worms in the deep sand beds on the side.

Mr. Microscope

Thanks! I saw 16 notifications and was like wtf happened lol

Plans are rock nems on the rocks and coco worms in the deep sand beds on the side.

Brilliant!

Love the rain ATO idea too. Should help to get excess salt out of the leaves.

Looking really good Brad :). I'm glad you overcame the cyano issue, I'm battling it pretty bad at the moment after coming back from my trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you commit to the rain ATO?

The mangroves are looking amazing!!

Not yet. I've really gotten back into photography, so I've been driving up and down the California coast on the weekends

This past weekend I was at Pebble Beach ProAm golf tourney, and was at Big Sur for sunrise Sunday morning. Hadn't been that far south yet, amazing.

Archived