inTank Media Baskets

Brad's Mangrove Macro Sanctuary | Taken down! RIP

brad908

Everyone says the garden eels escape.

I need this

B19585BE-35EE-4617-BD91-24B8072738F6_zps

My theory on fish escaping... they only jump if you name them.

if you are running filterless get a polishing filter to mechanically filter the tank like once or twice a month, should keep things looking crystally.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My theory on fish escaping... they only jump if you name them.

if you are running filterless get a polishing filter to mechanically filter the tank like once or twice a month, should keep things looking crystally.

Throwing around the idea of having them hooked up, but only run them every once in a while. Or if I can slide the stand/tank off the wall, might run it full time.

Just cleaning pipes sucks lol

Anddddd I just got depressed. All this stuff is being delivered next week but :

11/19-21 - work trip to NC

11/22-11/31 - parents house in NJ for thanksgiving

12/1-12/3 - work trip to VA

Then we will be at my wife's parents in Florida for Christmas. Fml no fish time

Those are beautiful specimens brad. How deep is your sandbed going to be?

Thanks. 8". I ended up ordering some nice live mud, so I am going to fill an 8" cube with about 6" of mud, then 2" of sand. Then place the cube in the middle of the 18" cube and fill it in with sand around the cube.

Thanks. 8". I ended up ordering some nice live mud, so I am going to fill an 8" cube with about 6" of mud, then 2" of sand. Then place the cube in the middle of the 18" cube and fill it in with sand around the cube.

Very nice..

what halide you using the 70watt? and is it se or de?

Not sure what bulb it has. Bought it from Rehype a while back. I think he used it on his planted tank, so probably a 6700k. Double end

I like it

4148EC99-3B1B-4271-9FC0-F582DE6C7692_zps

Not sure what bulb it has. Bought it from Rehype a while back. I think he used it on his planted tank, so probably a 6700k. Double end

I like it

4148EC99-3B1B-4271-9FC0-F582DE6C7692_zps

sweetjesus.jpg

Letting the light dry till tomorrow, then hanging it.

12" above the mangroves should be good, right? Or go lower?

I would assume that's fine because they get pretty damn hot don't want to scorch the leaves.

I would assume that's fine because they get pretty damn hot don't want to scorch the leaves.

Back when I was starting the planted tank, I had the halide resting on the edges of the tank and fried all the HC :D

Archived