Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I like to ______ when I do maintenance. :)

Angel<3Nanos

I think I feel an unscheduled water change coming on tonight.....anyone want to help?

Oh and I have a couple tanks so.....

"water change"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I focus on the tank and get everything done in about 10 min, 20 min if I clean the skimmer neck or try to pick out macros in the DT. I only have a skimmer on my tank so no replacing of filter floss, carbon, or phosphate media. I don't see a reason to get music going or getting a beer for such a short task. Plus, just as I don't drink while woodworking, I won't drink when messing with my tank. Too many dangerous things can happen. I'll just get the beer afterwards and chill in front of the tank.

Well the computer gods have punished me for my inappropriate comment. I am editor of my professional association's newsletter. Today is the deadline for sending it to print. I go to turn on my computer and no screen, it makes the startup noise, but that is it. The punishment was swift and severe :-(

Well the computer gods have punished me for my inappropriate comment. I am editor of my professional association's newsletter. Today is the deadline for sending it to print. I go to turn on my computer and no screen, it makes the startup noise, but that is it. The punishment was swift and severe :-(

:huh:

That sucks, I'm sorry!

Does your husband have a laptop you could use.

He is a PC guy and I am, as he calls it, a "Crapple" girl. I love my Apple, but today I am willing to call it a Crapple.

I went to the apple store and they are going to squeeze me in at 3:30 at the Genius Bar. They saw the desperation and the beginnings of tears when they said they didn't have any appointments, so they took pity on me. Fingers crossed!

So the computer gods punished me with a completely dead computer. I am typing to you now on a new one... coral budget just went down the drain.

On a serious note...

My favorite thing to do during routine tank maintenance is to put on a movie that I know really well (i.e.. Top Gun, Pretty Woman, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Guardian etc.) and go about my business only watching the scenes that I really like watching. Usually I do my maintenance on saturday or sunday, so a beer or two are usually involved. To tell you the truth, I find water changes and scrubbing the tank very relaxing. I especially like looking at the tank a few hours after I have cleaned it once the water has cleared up. Very rewarding!!!

So the computer gods punished me with a completely dead computer. I am typing to you now on a new one... coral budget just went down the drain.

On a serious note...

My favorite thing to do during routine tank maintenance is to put on a movie that I know really well (i.e.. Top Gun, Pretty Woman, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Guardian etc.) and go about my business only watching the scenes that I really like watching. Usually I do my maintenance on saturday or sunday, so a beer or two are usually involved. To tell you the truth, I find water changes and scrubbing the tank very relaxing. I especially like looking at the tank a few hours after I have cleaned it once the water has cleared up. Very rewarding!!!

Man that sucks, sorry to hear about your computer. Did you at least get your paper submitted in time?

All of this talk about beer and tank maintenance.....I love beer, but it messes up my stomach to much to drink. But I do love a nice dirty gin martini or whisky sour while cleaning the tank.

I like to mentally regret starting to rescape the tank because it was infinitely nicer before I started. This applies to any change when I'm mid change. I like to sit down and have a smoke when I'm done, though.

I like to break things when I do maintenence is where I'm goin with this.

I like to mentally regret starting to rescape the tank because it was infinitely nicer before I started. This applies to any change when I'm mid change. I like to sit down and have a smoke when I'm done, though.

I like to break things when I do maintenence is where I'm goin with this.

So do I, 4 scapes in 18months

I time myself and try to figure out ways to shave minutes off my "best time". I think my record is 15 minute water changes, and I have to lug buckets around.

Archived