Pod Your Reef

Tristan's Custom PicO (NewFts)

TristanC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice!

Any reason your flow and return is on the same side of the tank? I wouldn't even consider a skimmer... It's a nano just do your water changes. Do you really want to ugly up that nice tank? With a PicO, it's not just about what goes in the tank - It's about seeing the tank in all it's glory. From a sexy stand to a sweet lighting mounting bracket. Anybody can take a 10g from Petco and make the contents of the tank look good but the tank would always be that 10g from Petco and not much to look at. The PicO takes it to a new dimension. Keep it looking clean.

BTW - could be an illusion but it doesn't appear that your tank is centered on the stand.

Nice!

Any reason your flow and return is on the same side of the tank? I wouldn't even consider a skimmer... It's a nano just do your water changes. Do you really want to ugly up that nice tank? With a PicO, it's not just about what goes in the tank - It's about seeing the tank in all it's glory. From a sexy stand to a sweet lighting mounting bracket. Anybody can take a 10g from Petco and make the contents of the tank look good but the tank would always be that 10g from Petco and not much to look at. The PicO takes it to a new dimension. Keep it looking clean.

BTW - could be an illusion but it doesn't appear that your tank is centered on the stand.

Thank you!

I have the mp10 on the same side as the return because there is much less of a chance that I will knock it off as I never go on that side of the tank nor do people that pass by. On my last tank the Mp10 was knocked off a few times because of poor placement. I totally agree with the skimmer ruining the clean lines and to be honest it was just a thought rather than a plan, the last thing I want is to ruin such an amazing tank. I think the tank looking off center is an illusion, I measured it a few times to make sure it was completely center. Maybe its the tank mat sticking out a little bit that makes it look that way.

I still need to redo my lighting brackets, right now the light sits around 2" back because the mounts are too short. I will be going to home depot here in a few days to get more appropriate ones and also to mount them higher so all I see is the wires. All in all this build is coming along nicely, few things to sort out here and there but I have time while its cycling.

Tanks looking great- what type of coral are you planning?

Thank you, I am going to try and make it as diverse as possible. A couple of zoanthid gardens, ricordia, blastos, Duncan's, gorgonians, one or two plating montis, possibly a hammer coral, hopefully some display macro. I'm sure my list will change as time goes on but the plan is to make it as diverse as possible.

Nice set up similar to my 26x15x10 pico

Cool dimensions, I'll have to check your tank out.

The new PicO Skimmer 2.0 actually conceals really well in the backchamber. You can definitely still see the top sticking out, but it's not ugly at all. But I also dont think you need a skimmer at this point since you have no corals =P.

The new PicO Skimmer 2.0 actually conceals really well in the backchamber. You can definitely still see the top sticking out, but it's not ugly at all. But I also dont think you need a skimmer at this point since you have no corals =P.

Haha yes this I am very aware of that, Skimmer was more for down the line rather than in a cycling tank :) Either way we shall see if it will be of any benefit after the tank has been stocked and running for a while.

Haha yes this I am very aware of that, Skimmer was more for down the line rather than in a cycling tank :) Either way we shall see if it will be of any benefit after the tank has been stocked and running for a while.

I am getting tons of algae in my PicO from feeding Larry's every other day =P. I have the PicO Skimmer running for a few days now so I will let you know if it helps with my overstocked tank.

I am getting tons of algae in my PicO from feeding Larry's every other day =P. I have the PicO Skimmer running for a few days now so I will let you know if it helps with my overstocked tank.

On the plus side I bet everything in your tank is well nourished :) Let me know how the skimmer works out for you.

So looks like there is some life in the tank already. Couple of baby snails and a few worms hitched a ride from the piece of lr I'm using to seed the tank, nothing huge to report but cool none the less. Im also getting a few small patches of diatoms starting to show up so that is a sign things are well on their way.

Id like some fish stocking input from you folks. Right now I plan on a second percula plus one more fish (two if they are a pair and small). I would really like to keep a wrasse but I feel my tank may be too small. Anyone care to brainstorm with me?

another possibility is a Midas Blenny- Not much experience here, tank too small?

a small sixline or yellow coris? they will need to be rehomed after a few years...

I do love the yellow coris (as I'm sure I've mentioned before), I can't remember did you have one?

i wanted one to take care of some nudis but my tank is just too small.

I remember now. Im thinking I could keep one for a bit and when he/she gets too big Ill trade him in for a smaller one again. I mean a couple years isn't exactly a short amount of time.

Pink streaked wrasse or possum wrasse. I always recommend the pink streaked wrasse, great fish and it would work in your tank.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll go do a little research on em.

Sorry buddy, your thread title is basically the same as mine and I replied to your thread thinking I was replying to mine. I deleted my post to avoid confusion.

Matt

Sorry buddy, your thread title is basically the same as mine and I replied to your thread thinking I was replying to mine. I deleted my post to avoid confusion.

Matt

Haha I figured that was the case, no worries man.

Archived