Pod Your Reef

The Bestiarium

Dryland

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been upgrading the tank recently. I want to start to 2-part dosing soonish so I got one of these:

16335688339_5e1252c26d_h.jpgIMG_3286 by dryland970, on Flickr

I am not a 'computer person' (and had to run to radio shack a couple of times until I had the proper quantity of ethernet cables), but getting the controller setup made me feel like a hacker-genius.

Wow- nice is that an apex or apex junior- either way I am totally jealous- nice score. Interested to see what features you utilize

It's the apex jr. Right now the heater is the only thing really being 'controlled'. Although it is nice to be able to turn the pumps on and off with a switch. My plan is to add brs dosers for 2-part. That will still leave me with a spare aquabus port though...

It's the apex jr. Right now the heater is the only thing really being 'controlled'. Although it is nice to be able to turn the pumps on and off with a switch. My plan is to add brs dosers for 2-part. That will still leave me with a spare aquabus port though...

Nice- I will be hitting you up for information - I am totally intimidated by a controller for some reason.

Nice- I will be hitting you up for information - I am totally intimidated by a controller for some reason.

It was pretty simple for the most part, although I haven't messed with any of the more advanced programs yet. For this tank I only plan to use the apex for temp. control and dosing. I know a lot of people go through the whole 'is it worth it to get a controller', but for me the temp. alarm and wireless control were reason enough. The apex wasn't so much an investment in my aquarium, as an investment in my ability to leave said aquarium alone for a week or two at a time.

I do like that frag rack- who makes it? How many frags does it hold?

I got it off this guys store on ebay: here. It holds 3 frags; it's the smallest I could find that can hold more than 1. It also makes an excellent raised dance floor for the sexy shrimp to groove on.

I got it off this guys store on ebay: here. It holds 3 frags; it's the smallest I could find that can hold more than 1. It also makes an excellent raised dance floor for the sexy shrimp to groove on.

Thanks for the link- nice looking stuff he sells. I like the filter sock holders he makes- that will come in handy when I build my sump?
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice! Tanks looking really good man- has that trachy stop moving around ? Your pics are really clear

Thanks! It seems like the trachy has settled in that corner, but only time will tell. I'm going to sell the fungia in order to free up some much need space.

Nice shot - big puffy boys

Thanks dude. The one on the right was suffering from an infection near it's mouth for a long time. Yesterday I realized the wound had disappeared and now the coral looks great! It has inflated to nearly twice the size I am used to seeing it at.

Sk8n Reefer

Thanks dude. The one on the right was suffering from an infection near it's mouth for a long time. Yesterday I realized the wound had disappeared and now the coral looks great! It has inflated to nearly twice the size I am used to seeing it at.

Excellent- your water quality must be really good for it to heal up like that. ?. My new Dragon scale RTN and lost half its tissue yesterday- totally bumming. No idea why- everyone else is doing really good??? It's seems to have stopped so hopefully it will regain and start to get healthy again. Water parameters still seem stable so not sure what pissed it off

Excellent- your water quality must be really good for it to heal up like that. . My new Dragon scale RTN and lost half its tissue yesterday- totally bumming. No idea why- everyone else is doing really good??? It's seems to have stopped so hopefully it will regain and start to get healthy again. Water parameters still seem stable so not sure what pissed it off

I saw that on your thread, it's a shame that's a pretty stick. Hopefully it will pull through. SPS makes me nervous.

Sk8n Reefer

I saw that on your thread, it's a shame that's a pretty stick. Hopefully it will pull through. SPS makes me nervous.

Ya, they can go bad pretty quick. I am go over every aspect of the tank today

• 2 weeks later...

I want to sell the fungia and my two duncan frags. That and re-mounting some frags on the rocks should open up enough space for everything to get comfortable. They don't seem to full out attack each other, but the fungia and trachy have been at odds for some time.

• 4 weeks later...
Sk8n Reefer

I want to sell the fungia and my two duncan frags. That and re-mounting some frags on the rocks should open up enough space for everything to get comfortable. They don't seem to full out attack each other, but the fungia and trachy have been at odds for some time.

Hey man, how's things going? Hope your doing well !

Archived