inTank Media Baskets

The Bestiarium

Dryland

Hey man, how's things going? Hope your doing well !

Hey, thanks dude, I've been super busy with school lately and haven't been on the forum in weeks. Summer is coming up quick and I'm going to be setting up a frag tank build. I'll be sure to do an update soon. Happy reefing!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to dedicate the whole thing to GSP. Kidding. Mostly LPS and softies, as well as some hardier SPS (monti setosa, digitata and some of the weirder stuff like stylocoeniella and cyphastrea). I will focus particularly on acanthastrea, micromussa, blastomussa and ricordea. I'm not sure what section (if one exists) to start my frag tank thread in, but this thread will be closed down soon.

Sk8n Reefer

I'm going to dedicate the whole thing to GSP. Kidding. Mostly LPS and softies, as well as some hardier SPS (monti setosa, digitata and some of the weirder stuff like stylocoeniella and cyphastrea). I will focus particularly on acanthastrea, micromussa, blastomussa and ricordea. I'm not sure what section (if one exists) to start my frag tank thread in, but this thread will be closed down soon.

Cool, so your shutting down your existing tank? Are you planning on selling frags? What bulb are you gonna run?

Cool, so your shutting down your existing tank? Are you planning on selling frags? What bulb are you gonna run?

I will be closing down the cadlights tank. I took out all of the sand and rock when I moved it and have just been using it as a QT. I would like to start selling frags eventually (for fun and upkeep costs). I have a 250w hamilton in 14k on the way. I am using my coral compulsion par30 and an all actinic par38 on the opposite side. I will start up a thread in the aquaculture forum soon and post a link here.

Sk8n Reefer

I will be closing down the cadlights tank. I took out all of the sand and rock when I moved it and have just been using it as a QT. I would like to start selling frags eventually (for fun and upkeep costs). I have a 250w hamilton in 14k on the way. I am using my coral compulsion par30 and an all actinic par38 on the opposite side. I will start up a thread in the aquaculture forum soon and post a link here.

Cool let me know when you start the new thread

• 1 month later...

19325132164_a3d1d84d61_c.jpgIMG_0123 by dryland970, on Flickr

I've decided to reboot the cadlights. I will be keeping it pretty minimal this time. Right now it's holding the rbta I cloned off of my friends, chancho villa (my percula), the trachy he hosts and a porcelain crab. I'm not sure that the nem will be staying in this tank long, as I will be using it as a mother for propagation.

19947519915_a990659ed9_c.jpgIMG_0111 by dryland970, on Flickr

I am actually still planning on getting rid of the tank itself and replacing it with a slightly larger cube that is plumbed into the frag tank that the display sits next to. The stand, light and livestock will be the same though. Cheers.

Sk8n Reefer

19325132164_a3d1d84d61_c.jpgIMG_0123 by dryland970, on Flickr

I've decided to reboot the cadlights. I will be keeping it pretty minimal this time. Right now it's holding the rbta I cloned off of my friends, chancho villa (my percula), the trachy he hosts and a porcelain crab. I'm not sure that the nem will be staying in this tank long, as I will be using it as a mother for propagation.

19947519915_a990659ed9_c.jpgIMG_0111 by dryland970, on Flickr

I am actually still planning on getting rid of the tank itself and replacing it with a slightly larger cube that is plumbed into the frag tank that the display sits next to. The stand, light and livestock will be the same though. Cheers.

Hey there- welcome back.....looks lonely in there- lol. Trachy looks healthy. Did you start a new thread for the frag tank?

Hey there- welcome back.....looks lonely in there- lol. Trachy looks healthy. Did you start a new thread for the frag tank?

I haven't started the frag tank thread yet. I had a bit of an algae outbreak recently and did a bunch of maintenance/ cleaning yesterday. As soon as things start looking a little better I will get that thread going.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, the rest of my coral is in the frag tank. I still don't really have a 'direction' in mind for this tank right now. I think after I upgrade it to a 12x12 cube and plumb it in with the frag system I will put in some LR and start mounting stuff.

• 1 month later...

This tank is being turned into a fowlr, I sold the nanobox tide and have moved the coral into my frag system. I'm shutting this thread down, thanks for following! I will probably start up a thread for my frag tank soon, but until then I will just be lurking...

This tank is being turned into a fowlr, I sold the nanobox tide and have moved the coral into my frag system. I'm shutting this thread down, thanks for following! I will probably start up a thread for my frag tank soon, but until then I will just be lurking...

Lol you can't delete a thread; it stays forever! Just leave it as is- in the future someone might find it helpful

(Pss and theres like no mods either)

Lol you can't delete a thread; it stays forever! Just leave it as is- in the future someone might find it helpful

(Pss and theres like no mods either)

Lol, thanks for the tip.

Let me know when you start a new thread?

Archived