Innovative Marine Aquariums

CAD Lights Pico 4g Zoa & Goby Grotto

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron

Color is good, definitely a bit dim to the eye, even for LEDs... and even though those zoas looks great at the sanded, the nuclear greens mid tank are reaching, whether that has something to do with coming from a stronger PAR tank I don't know... but all is well!

Ive tried to photograph the clownfish but he moves a lot, very difficult in such a small tank... Its probably better off, he looks unhealthy, shriveled, weak, and beaten, which he was. thats why the LFS gifted him to me to try and rescue, so far so good, lots of energy, and eating, but maybe he ate one too many pellets last night, gave us a scare, would let himself float to the surface, only to sit on his side, with half his body sitting at the surface sideways... maybe he's so tiny the pellets made him float hahahaha

anyways....

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh okay. Is that the one that is like 8.5 watts or something and supposedly 150-160 par,or is that the 8k one they have ? If you're ever interested in a lighting upgrade I've got a DIY light that's pretty clean,ran at 350ma with crisp 14k look ;) lol ( it's in my .9 gallon thread ).

Oh wow,that or he are incredibly too fast,and he about killed himself lol. My freshwater fish have done that a few times. My Oscar would try and devour 3-4 minnows at a time and he'd clog his gills having the heads sticking out of his mouth and the tails out of his gill slits,stoopid fish lmao.

SouthFlorida_Tron

LMAO, fish are crazy. Im saving for a NanoBox Mini... Just waiting a few more months...

That'll be bada$$ man,a NB over a 4 gallon !!! Heck ya. I love those lights,just a bit outta my price range though lol.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Thats what is making me be patient, it is a lot of money, and a lot of light for a small tank, and what boggles me even more, those zoas in the picture look good, but the pallys mid tank don't look as good, so I'm trying to figure out what to do!

SouthFlorida_Tron

Im just about done with fish in this tank, I am not meant for Pico tanks... however, the fish was a rescue operation from the store, and he was mad skinny, brittle, torn to shreds, and starving, but I thought i was helping him as he had energy, swam a lot, and ate plenty... mixed foods.... today he's at the sandbed, under the macro algae, just breathing heavily... i can only assume its his poor health as the corals and cleaner all appear healthy... just did a water change yesterday but SG measures 1.025. Im at a loss, maybe its just his time...

• 4 weeks later...
SouthFlorida_Tron

Upgraded the return to the Cobalt MJ400, much better overall flow in the display, and more importantly, less stagnant water in the sump chambers.

:)

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of the YCG, that being said I've never owned one so I might not know the personality. The Dracula Goby looks cool though. :happy:

SouthFlorida_Tron

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of the YCG, that being said I've never owned one so I might not know the personality. The Dracula Goby looks cool though. :happy:

I've had my share of shrimp gobies and have had 3 suicides even with screen tops

I was looking at this and then seen it may pick at sps so I opted out. Sweet fish though, would give the tank a pop of color.

SouthFlorida_Tron

No SPS plans whatsoever with this tank. It was planned to be a softie tank with a fish.

Its in my daughters room... Any other suggestions on what I may be able to add fish wise?

I'm guessing YCG killed your monti,from what nipping and perching on it ?

I'd say either some Neon Gobies,Trimma's or some other small goby species. Aren't you near MIA ? Down south you shouldn't have a problem finding hard to find gobies or small fish.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Ill call around a few shops... Besides, theres a swap coming up saturday... maybe ill find one there! hehe

I'm guessing YCG killed your monti,from what nipping and perching on it ?

I'd say either some Neon Gobies,Trimma's or some other small goby species. Aren't you near MIA ? Down south you shouldn't have a problem finding hard to find gobies or small fish.

perching...it just sits on the monti frag all day and night.

tailspot blenny is another popular nano fish.

There you go,are you going to florida frag swaps one or whatever it is. I've been seeing stuff about it all over InstaGram.

perching...it just sits on the monti frag all day and night.

tailspot blenny is another popular nano fish.

Ahhh,little bassterds lmao. I WANTZZ A TAIL SPOT !!! I saw one at one of the stores a stopped at,had the best personality,but they wanted $35 for him,hah.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I thought all the fish mentioned are for larger tanks, and are also jumpers, and temperamental eaters....?

I don't think you'll have a hard time with one. Especially in a nano. People say they'll be fine,I wouldn't worry.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Still undecided on what fish to throw in here... part of my says do the Clown goby... part of me says a Hi-Fin Goby/Pistol Pair...

ahhhhhhh!

Archived