inTank Media Baskets

Starr's noob pico

starrlamia

he's been moving around again, not sure why. He is currently flat on the sandbed and at night buries himself in the sand, not sure what his dealio is! Everything else is pretty much same, except for my bambam frag which hasn't opened in a few days. checked params and alk is a bit low (7dkh) and mag is a bit high (1500) but everything else is good. So we'll see what happens.

Something is bothering it. My guess would be flow or lighting. Mine will move if something starts to shade them (macroalgae in my case).
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah I cant figure it out, he was happy in the one spot for almost a week and nothing has changed lighting or flow wise, he seems to move closer to the top of the tank when he's hungry as after I feed him he moves back down. I dunnos but i'm fine with him on the sandbed if he is happy there!

• 2 weeks later...

tank maintenance day update!

Spot treated hair algae! woo. Funny though, I took the rocks out and found a rock with a single zoa on it, that was face down and not dead, it looks like it's going to open up and is bright yellow! Kind of awesome.

Nem is still chillin on the substrate, I'm cool with that, he seems happy there.

Not a whole lot else to report!

• 3 weeks later...

sorry been behind with updating, march was a very rough month for my family (my cousin's little boy died). Tank is doing good, everyone is happy, some new zoa heads sprouting up. i havent yet got new corals for my birthday as i've just been too busy! Now I'm in exams so once those are done I should be updating regularly again :)

so I decided to get off my ass and order some corals, the place I got my last corals from had gorgs in stock and I've been wanting some (and they seem to be hard to get here). So I got the following:

gorgs:

http://www.canadacorals.com/products/purple-candelabra-eco-gorg

zoas:

http://www.canadacorals.com/products/polyp-fiction-caribbean-paly

clove polyps:

http://www.canadacorals.com/products/clove-polyp-frag

and 2 shroomies:

http://www.canadacorals.com/products/blue-discosoma-mushroom-2

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/livestock/products/blue-discosoma-mushroom

looks like the gorg is too tall for my tank :( i told them to send either zoas or a smaller gorg if they have it, coming thursday so it will be a nice surprised to see what is in the box!

corals are here and all happy, all are open except the clove polyps, i got a beautiful gorg

some crappy cell pics

gorg:

IMG_20140417_151411_zpstxcozlq0.jpg

shroom:

IMG_20140417_151349_zpsypvzzagu.jpg

I'm done school for the semester so going to try and get some decent shots with the DSLR. The zoas are absolutely gorgous!

it's pretty sweet, I was really happy that they could find one small enough for my tank, it's nice to see some movement in there

yah it's pretty awesome, it's one of the few things I could put at the back of the tank where there is higher flow and that doesnt require a lot of maintenance, im pretty stoked about it.

mushrooms are now fully expanded and huge! they are about an inch across each and super pretty. Clove polyps are starting to open up and they are a super bright neon green in the middle. I just need to figure out where to put them to try and minimize their invasiveness haha.

yah it's pretty awesome, it's one of the few things I could put at the back of the tank where there is higher flow and that doesnt require a lot of maintenance, im pretty stoked about it.

mushrooms are now fully expanded and huge! they are about an inch across each and super pretty. Clove polyps are starting to open up and they are a super bright neon green in the middle. I just need to figure out where to put them to try and minimize their invasiveness haha.

Sorry for your family's loss :(.

I love the new corals...nice variety and colors. I wanna see the Caribbean zoas!!!! :D.

thanks gena <3

I'll try and get pictures today or tomorrow!

Yay :). Caribbean zoas are some of my favorites. The Miami Vice look stunning in an aquarium. Especially the blue and pink variety.

i moved some stuff around and caught my nem moving, tried to get a video, not the best, also some video of the other corals in the tank

th_anemone_zpsbaa90b7d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
starrlamia

not a whole lot to report, mushrooms are fully extending now and are a good 1 inch wide, one has a baby! My orange bambams finally have a baby head, star polyps have a couple of new heads, that's about all really! Just dialing down best placements for everything before I permanently stick em to the rock.

starrlamia

found a couple bubble algae :S was able to remove them without popping them thankfully. Also realize my one mushroom frag plug has a feather duster on it! it's pretty small but cute. Moved the star polyps to the back corner, away from rocks but are kinda hard to see. They dont seem to mind the high flow at all.

• 2 weeks later...
starrlamia

bugger! I noticed a baby shroom on the substrate, he detached from the frag plug. i went to pick him up and accidentally swept him into the anemone... Who is currently eating him. Sorry little shroomie

starrlamia

haha! I was too traumatized to get a pic, plus he shoved it in his mouth so fast a pic wouldn't have shown anything.

Archived