Coral Vue Hydros

Typhon LED controller Boxes

sammy113

Hi guys! A while back I designed and tested a few prototypes of the Typhon LED controller boxes. This was with the intention to give a better look and protect the electronic boards of our controller since it doesn't come with any kind of housing.

Anyway, I came out with this solution and made the box out of 1/8" thick acrylic. The pieces are laser cut and put together by me. Comes with 4 buttons extensions and two screws to secure the two pieces together. The box provides access to all of Typhon's ports. Recently I made a small batch and have sold a few already but still have some left. Currently have two in black acrylic and 4 in white acrylic. The black one has Clear/Wite buttons and the White box has Clear/Black buttons.

Unfortunately the engraving on the top didn't came out very nicely but still serves the purpose

Cost is $28 shipped to your door with USPS priority mail

A5B829AD-67D9-4D50-B186-03638BE9AF2A-246

22F84E73-2F08-422E-BDDF-CAE03F505A81-135

313E4F62-AC13-4E6D-9D18-D98C6CEE25BC-135

EDE52290-1629-432D-808D-025E94A3598E-135

A8FD9A25-1999-46F3-BFAE-23C4B73870CA-135

FD32A88E-6A13-4573-A519-BB522CA923FC-135

47FADDE4-B198-4A3D-8075-27DA2064E87D-135

**Update**Current list**

Alright, this is the list I have from N-R from PM's and the thread. Shoot me a message or leave a comment to be included. This list does not guarantee your Typhon Box. This is to have an idea how many boxes to build and a record for me to update each of you guys. Boxes are sold in a first come, first serve basis.

1. fish76- B
  2. steve99999- W
  3. Griever
  4. BigAl07- W
  5. persun87- B
  6. trodrigues- B
  7. Daimyo- B
  8. 805reefer- B
  9. ijam45- B
  10. munsons- W
  11. wethands
  12. Yellow-Tang- B
  13. McJosh13- B
  14. dansReef- B
  15. Fross- B
  16. Natterjak- W
  17. Bumperklever- W
  18. DVaDeR77- B
  19. Trevor W- B
  20. fort384- B
  21. 2nd nature- B
  22. GarretF- W
  23. epearce7777- B
  24. jedimasterben- B
  25. 130D_Paul- B
  26. charlottereefer- B
  • Like 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in one of these. I would like to know if u have to build the typhoon and then put in in there or are we able to put the typhoon in there directly as it comes from boosted? Please pm me

I'm interested in one of these. I would like to know if u have to build the typhoon and then put in in there or are we able to put the typhoon in there directly as it comes from boosted? Please pm me

Just for the benefit of everyone, the box comes assembled and you can just put in the Typhon controller as it comes from boostLED. I've bought more than 8 controllers so far and the design is still the same. I don't think this is going to change anytime soon... so as long as they keep producing the original eagle files, or either you build your own with those files, this box will fit the Typhons.

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, this is great. The box is so nice that now I want to use the Typhon controller instead of the Apex to drive my LED build.

Thanks Alan. How do you like apex with your LEDs?

I'm interested pm sent!

Got you;) pm'd back

Those are gorgeous.

Would you be able to build me a box for my touch screen arduino mega and shield? My attempt will look terrible compared to this. PM me if possible.

Those are gorgeous.

Would you be able to build me a box for my touch screen arduino mega and shield? My attempt will look terrible compared to this. PM me if possible.

Thanks! the design process of these boxes was a trial and error. Being able to match the exact places to access all the ports and buttons requires to at either have the controller in hand or you send me the digital CAD or design with measurements and I can laser cut the acrylic for you.

Payment sent!

Got it! will ship tomorrow. Thanks!

Any plans to make one of these for the Dim4 from LEDGroupBuy? There's nothing out there right now.

I've never had the Dim4 but I'd really like to give it a try and I can possibly make something similar for them. As off right now, since I don't have the board, I can't make anything that will properly fit. If I manage to get my hands in one of those I'll post it here or anywhere the Dim4 guys are at

I've never had the Dim4 but I'd really like to give it a try and I can possibly make something similar for them. As off right now, since I don't have the board, I can't make anything that will properly fit. If I manage to get my hands in one of those I'll post it here or anywhere the Dim4 guys are at

If you do, please PM me, too!

If you do, please PM me, too!

Gotcha'

God that's awesome. You're my hero I think.

Also, will you do custom acrylic cutting if I send you .sat/.step/.dwg/.dxf/.whatever you want?

Yes, I do. DWG is preferred. I may or may not need to redraw depending how it's done (need all lines joined in polyline for laser to cut properly) but what I do is I trace over the original drawing. What's drawn in real scale 1:1 will be cut by the machine. Feel free to PM me for details.

I bought one a few weeks back and couldn't be happier, thanks for the great product and solution!

Hey! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks a lot

Gotcha'

Yes, I do. DWG is preferred. I may or may not need to redraw depending how it's done (need all lines joined in polyline for laser to cut properly) but what I do is I trace over the original drawing. What's drawn in real scale 1:1 will be cut by the machine. Feel free to PM me for details.

Hey! I'm glad you liked it! Thanks a lot

ok. I'll keep it in mind. Don't have anything right this second, but will undoubtedly have something
  • Like 1

Hi peeps, I made this simple guide because I have received PM's about the buttons extensions being short or how to attach them. There is NO need to use glue or anything. In fact, the buttons need to be installed before the controller. The button consists of a 1/4" diameter acrylic rod and a rounded end cap. This end cap is meant to hold the button in place between the acrylic box and the typhon. Refer to the pics in the first post.

**Buttons extensions should not be placed last from top to push the button or it will stick to your thumb and you can easily loose them**

Hope this clarifies and help those who had problems. Sorry I didn't came with this before

620572_10150978113386443_15348491_o_zps6

• Like 1

I'm sold out of Typhon boxes! Thanks a lot for everyone that bought one and gave their feedback! All comments were positive about the design and overall construction so I may be able to run another batch if more people is interested.

If you want to buy a box, please post the color you prefer and make sure to subscribe for future updates :)

if you ever make one for DIM4 i'll take one too

I'm working on a housing for the Dim4 as well but the concern here is about the heat produced if the controller is used to drive LEDs directly from it. I may found a solution but this project is till in diapers. Stay tunned

You da man! I'm tired of my ghetto project box, sent you a PM! Prefer black color.....

Got you on list for the next batch

• 3 weeks later...

Archived