Spencer7

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your tank called, it wants an mp10.

now ur just taunting me :mellow:

lol

Quick Update...

Tanks looking, running, and testing great. My new goniopora now about 12 days old is doing nice. That orange SPS frag is pretty much bleached and im very disappointed in myself for letting tat happen ):

Have no idea y it happened either, buying a good deal of stuff this weekend and my secret santa gift might come soon :D my zoa colony is about six times the size it was when i bought it (5 polyps to 30). Im going to keep moving and experiencing the Elegance around to try and make it open but idk. Fish are fine. That and the orange c=guy and the only two im worried about, my green slimer is doing as awesome as I hoped it would =D...

46eb4e36.jpg

18dfe2ad.jpg

884399b6.jpg

d6854bf7.jpg

5a87e173.jpg

454274e9.jpg

110fcc19.jpg

a6b5cb75.jpg

94b34591.jpg70c58961.jpg

Im pretty pumped, as part of my secret santa gift that I got yesterday I received a nice frag rack for inside my tank. It came with like 6-7 small plugs and looks great. I will probably try to fill them up this weekend during our %30-%50 OFF ALL LIVESTOCK AND %15 OFF ALL DRY GOODS!!!

I will be working Saturday and Sunday, possibly a bit of Friday so come on in...

http://www.greenwichaquaria.com/

Expect a small surprise tomorrow as I am probably going to my LFS, doing a water change and testing water too! :D

My three main C-Mas things i hope to eventually get are...

*Sump/Refugium Light

*ATO

*Some type of thing to help with flow whether is be something like a Sea Swirl, MP10, or just a simple bendable split nozzle thing

-Another Light for Display tank (not really worried about that at the moment

PS, u don't need to tell me how amazing MP10's are, I BELIEVE U! = D

20x20x20 and not really, call me mr. overkill but i might get a 4th too also i had a Green Monti Plate that died most likely from not enough light (perfect conditions and flow) and if u look at the Orange Branching SPS above, that is also bleaching (nobody is stinging it). I don't think they are overkill

How did the Green monti cap die? Did it bleach or did it go brown? Bleaching is a sign of too much light. Browning is a sign of not enough/poor conditions. Orange Monti digitatas will definitely go brown if if they don't have enough light, no bleach. Check your lighting conditions with a PAR meter. Each PAR38 puts out an impressive amount of light. I don't think 3 is too much, but you'll probably need to accumulate your new corals to the light. Also because you care about this I'm 27 and have been in the reef hobby for 7 years..

How did the Green monti cap die? Did it bleach or did it go brown? Bleaching is a sign of too much light. Browning is a sign of not enough/poor conditions. Orange Monti digitatas will definitely go brown if if they don't have enough light, no bleach. Check your lighting conditions with a PAR meter. Each PAR38 puts out an impressive amount of light. I don't think 3 is too much, but you'll probably need to accumulate your new corals to the light. Also because you care about this I'm 27 and have been in the reef hobby for 7 years..

lol, i like the sass, as i do realize i went a little hard on that guy...

here are some pics of the monti from a while ago, it all happened very quick...

P1010042.jpg

little closer...

P1010029.jpg

looks like it died from not enough light, im going to try to find someone with a PAR meter nearby, as for the digitatas they certainly do look almost completely bleached to me...

Due to a surplus of HW and procrastinated essays my LFS trip will be on Thursday...

sry :o

if you cant keep a digi....then maybe sps arent the direction you want to go in? those three par bulbs are def enough light, i have kept digis and caps under pcs

Those two are my only SPS that have died and really my only corals that have died in the tank, SPS are exactly the direction im going. The fact that the digi most likely died from too much light doesn't worry that much, will probably raise the lights a bit just in case. My other five SPS are doing awesome and my water has been consistently clean...

December 15th Test Results

PO4- 0

NO3- 0

KH- 6.5 (added some Bi-ionic so it should be good now)

CA- 500 (still too high for me, hopefully a water change and no dosing for a couple days will lower it)

Im a little annoyed b/c i have to wait till the sale is done b4 i buy stuff b/c my boss doesn't want me taking everything, will be working Fri, Sat, and Sun, and are stocked to the brim with sick stuff...

I bought a tiny SPS frag 2day and im using the frag rack I got from my secret santa, I LOVE IT!

devilsadvocate

Got your package. Holy Jesus tap dancing Christ are you generous! You did a fantastic job at getting things I needed! It's almost too much! This is amazing. Thank you much man!

lol, ur welcome man, were u surprised? Now u see y i said the BS that i saod on ur thread (didn't want buying ur own dosing stuff now did i?) I hope everything will be useful, BTW I got the high dosing solutions so now ur clams can have KH, Ca, and iodine which is all u really need!

Man, you sound like an awesome new version of mini-dude. Haha, whatever happened to him btw?? Anyone know? Tank looks awesome. I have a bad feeling about your orange digi though, I had one die like that when my tests were giving me false nitrate and phosphate readings. Im about to get a 40g cube and now I think I'll build the stand a little wider so I can fit a bigger sump like yours.

Man, you sound like an awesome new version of mini-dude. Haha, whatever happened to him btw?? Anyone know? Tank looks awesome. I have a bad feeling about your orange digi though, I had one die like that when my tests were giving me false nitrate and phosphate readings. Im about to get a 40g cube and now I think I'll build the stand a little wider so I can fit a bigger sump like yours.

He is back. Left during the fall, and just got back like a week ago.

i use new Elos test kits (work at LFS) and they use them for all services and tanks so i can assure u that the tests are accurate, thx you, i may eventually get a pro sump (custom acrylic, bigger with al sorts of compartments and stuff, i tried to follow mini's thread but it got boring without him posting at all :P

As the work day came to a close I was finally able to buy my goodies!!!!

1x X-Mas Favia (green and red)

1x Bubble Tip Anemone

1x Tiny Frag of a big coral that a customer bought (which i wanted)

and...

1x Swiss Basslet

14bacd0c.jpg

My Bass who has been under a rock for like a week <_< but wasn't shy at all when in LFS

cc61d3dc.jpg

PLZ ID this...

Looks like a Max Mini Anemone to me, moves around a little on my Goniopora rock as a whole...

a1bc8333.jpg

d5394a57.jpg

Archived