Cultivated Reef

Has anyone ever seen a red clam?

xxredxpandaxx

xxredxpandaxx

I want to get a red clam and I think I remember seeing a picture of one somewhere online but I can't find any right now. If anyone has seen one in an online store or something let me know.

Socratic Monologue

Not too red, but would likely color up under the proper lighting. I think this species, Tridacna crochet-a, requires metal halides.

post-67919-1319396273_thumb.jpg

i think he wants a tridacnid clam with red coloring...the closest i've seen is the orange-pink derasa clams from ORA. (I have one). under the right light angle they can look slightly red but more or a pink-red or rusty red color.

DSCN3449.jpg

i think he wants a tridacnid clam with red coloring...the closest i've seen is the orange-pink derasa clams from ORA. (I have one). under the right light angle they can look slightly red but more or a pink-red or rusty red color.

DSCN3449.jpg

Rad looking Clam!

what shade of red are you talking about.

theres plenty of dark red/brown clams.

but i dont think there are any the typical bright red.

jeez derasas are so cool...

nice clam newman

+1

he has a nice sunny field of zoas too

suppppppppppper sick

Costa Reefing

I just found this in another thread, looks pretty red to me

Here is my first clam, a gold Maxima i think. its still very new and idk if it should be open like this - it looks more open than the other maximas i see here..

DSCN3049.jpg

hey, thats my maxima lol! (unfortunately she is gone...) I would call that a more brown-red color, but i guess it can apply. she was a Gold Maxima clam btw.

I have actually never thought that maxima clams can have any red coloration, until you just pointed that out to me. So i suppose its possible among the gold-brown colorations of maximas.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
thats a purple teardrop, and yes it does look rather red. very nice! however also very expensive haha.

Eh. What's 130$ anyways?

:lol:

Archived