Coral:
Orange Ricordea florida
Zoanthids
Frogspawn
Kenya
GSP
Clove Polyps
Striped green mushrooms
Other mushrooms (idunno what they're called, lol)

...and it begins.
photo1-3.jpg
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40 breeder. 36x18x16. Reef Octopus 110 in-sump skimmer. Going to start building the stand this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
el fabuloso
no its not a sump, its gonna be his new tank.

So that giant skimmer is gonna sit in that tank or is he gonna have a sump for it?

So that giant skimmer is gonna sit in that tank or is he gonna have a sump for it?

he said he was gonna have a sump for it but i told him i would just stick the skimmer in the tank and surround it with rock. Figured it would get more crap out of the tank. Cause really why does our sump water have to be so clean?????

Halfpint driving and flying around the country for work is no excuse to not have this thing up n running. kick it into high gear booooooyyyyyyy!!!!!! Or is this gonna be another 90 gal glass box takin up space hahahaha.

:lol:

The tank pictured is going to be the main display. I have an overflow box for the display on order from a local acrylic guy.

I'm currently planning on a 20L for the sump, where the skimmer will be housed.

The stand is half finished, just need to get the dimensions for the doors and order them. After that, it really just needs to be painted.

As fullpint said, I've been doing a lot of traveling, and have not had the time to work on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Stand is still in the same, unfinished condition. Two more weeks of travel, and I should be able to finish it. :happy:

Got my overflow box it.

AABB53C4-orig.jpg

3A1438FE-orig.jpg

65C60A45-orig.jpg

I plan to stain it a deep walnut, with a hint of a cherry. The bottom panel has been mitered, to accommodate for the crown I'm using as baseboard. The tank sits down into the top of the stand, to hide the bottom black trim. I'm going to use the same crown for the top, and cap the top of the crown, where it would be open, with some poplar, and route the edge, to match the flow of the crown's profile.

The panel on the front is short because it's the back panel. I have it on the front, to keep my nieces out of the stand. :lol:

The front will be as high as the sides. I'm using a small fluted trim for the face, running along the front edges on the left and right, to hide the edge of the plywood. I need to finish the front panel, and settle on a opening size, so I can order the doors.

I need to go to petco, to look at the tanks. I'm thinking of using a 20L for a sump/fuge. My plan is to get this thing leak tested with fresh water by the end of August. I'd ideally like to get the sump rock and base rock cycling in a dark tank for a month before transferring everything. If I'm ahead of schedule, I will have to wait, because I go on a Disney cruise in September. I won't be putting livestock in it until I get back from my cruise.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

Thank you. It will look so much better when finished. It's not even close to being finished, as you can tell.

Got my bulkheads today! I need to get my materials list together to get the fittings for the stockman and return. I can't wait to get done with this business traveling, so I can really crack down on this baby.

Archived