Cultivated Reef

Schreiba's ADA 60-F

teamschreiba

What is that coral colony on the top left corner of the tank?

New April FTS! Let me know what you guys think of the new scape too :happy:

7075110297_707ca7b316_z.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teamschreiba
What is that coral colony on the top left corner of the tank?

It's a hammer colony, but the polyps are shorter in length than most hammers I've seen.

I also installed the apex controller last night and I have to say it is awesome! My temperatures are much more stable already and I have it all setup with my iPhone. It's really convient being able to press a button for the feed mode and not worry about messing with anything too. Knowing I have an insurance policy now against broken heaters, etc is also pretty nice :happy:

teamschreiba
Looks like a nice lil gallery :D

Thanks Shallow! I feel like that's how it is with the SPS :P

love your tank! cant wait to set up my new tank :)

Thanks SoFit! Setting up brand new tanks is always the best. Be sure to start up a tank thread and take lots of pictures!

Sorry for so many questions, but I'm planning on setting my tank to be similar to yours. How did you like the led pendants that you used before switching to geismanns?

par30?par38? how was the color spectrum? growth?

thanks! :D

teamschreiba
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm planning on setting my tank to be similar to yours. How did you like the led pendants that you used before switching to geismanns?

par30?par38? how was the color spectrum? growth?

thanks! :D

No problem! I was using 2 PAR38 bulbs before with one 12k and one 20k. I just didn't get the results I was hoping for in terms of growth and color. My water quality was not nearly as good then as it is now so it's really hard to compare. I also found I didn't get the coverage that I do with my fixture now which can be a big deal if you plan on having corals throughout the tank.

teamschreiba
I really like that scape :) It's beautiful!

Thanks Paigee! I'm going to take another picture like the one in my sig soon too so you guys can get another perspective on how the new scape looks.

You make me wanna restart my tank just to mimic yours. -_-

No need to restart! Just look through how many changes my tank has gone through. It's barely recognizable from the original FTS.

fantastic, shallow tanks are where its at!

Thanks! I love how there's tons of shallow tanks here on N-R now because they're definitely my favorite too :happy:

Your tank looks amazing. great job. I would like to know from somone who owns a 60f . what in ur opnion is the pros and cons of a tank with dim of 24x12x7? if any. Im really thinking of getting one.

teamschreiba
new scape is actually incredible can't wait to see whats next

Haha thanks marcelo! Maybe I'll be able to take that new shot tonight.

teamschreiba
Your tank looks amazing. great job. I would like to know from somone who owns a 60f . what in ur opnion is the pros and cons of a tank with dim of 24x12x7? if any. Im really thinking of getting one.

Thanks boxboy! I would say some pros are that the 60f is great for top down viewing and I feel like it has great proportions. ADA tanks have great clarity and I really like the clear silicone and build quality. Some cons would be that there is a lot of evaporation with the large footprint, it's so shallow you're limited as to the height/size of the rocks you buy, and you really need a sump in order to hide the equipment because ADA tanks are meant to be cordless ;)

teamschreiba
+1 yes please! :D

Here ya go!

6948725726_3a9e992616_z.jpg

This color is little closer to what it looks like in real life after I realized my last FTS was a little too dark/blue.

teamschreiba
looks great, do you get that aggervating salt creep in the corners too?

Thanks! And yeah I get it sometimes but it's never too bad, pretty easily cleaned.

Archived