ReefCleaners.org

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

TheNordCelt

The eel seems to have made a full recovery, but now my puffer looks like he's been stung by something, probably the BTA. I'm going to have to dial down the flow for him.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheNordCelt

Yesterday was the last day of my spring break, so I decided to do something fun. Caught some Anoles in the yard and made a terrarium.

IMG_0109Large.jpg

IMG_0116Large.jpg

IMG_0103Large.jpg

TheNordCelt
Anoles are fun, although needy. I'd put them back

How so? I've always had anoles in terrariums. High humidity and and gut loaded dusted insects are all they really need. I've even had them breeding when I was in high school.

I've just read really specific care requirements needed. I guess you've got more experience than taken for.

TheNordCelt

I've been keeping herps my whole life, just not in recent years. They were my first passion before I got the reef bug.

TheNordCelt

After seeming to have made a full recovery, my eel was floating this morning. I don't know what happened, he was out and eating just last night when I went to bed. Very disappointing, I hate to lose anything, but especially when he seemed to be fine. I guess the stress of drying out is probably what did him in. R.I.P. Mr Eel. This sucks.

TheNordCelt

Good lord this has been a crazy weekend. St Pat's is about the biggest holiday of the year for an irish accordion player, and this was no exception. Basically played and drank friday afternoon till early monday morning, then spent yesterday recovering. I just woke up this morning and realized it was my birthday, so maybe I'll get the tank a present!

TheNordCelt
Really sorry to hear about the eel pat. :( Have you decided what your going to replace it with?

I don't think with anything at the moment, but I think the eel ate my shrimp goby, and possibly the pistol too. I'm going to wait till I hear about this job I'm interviewing for and then maybe start looking for something cool like a hi-fin or yasha pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your tank but what's that tiny little starfish in that first pic in your first post? Is it just a baby or does it really stay that small?

Can't wait to get my 14 biocube up and running, I probably won't have anything like yours with that stock lighting but hopefully I can still get a decent amount of softies

• 2 weeks later...
TheNordCelt

Once two Utah mountain lions met after not seeing each other for many years, one was fat and the other famished.

The fat one asked, "Hey Pete, you don't look so good, are you getting enough to eat?"

The other replied, "I don't understand it Joe, I catch plenty of Mormons, but I just can't seem to gain any weight."

"Well, let me watch you in action, maybe you're not doing it right."

So they went to Pete's favorite spot where he awaited an approaching Mormon. As he came near, Pete sprang at him from a big boulder with a horrifying roar and quickly devoured him.

Then Joe said to him, "I see your problem, Pete, you're scarring them too much. When you scare the crap out of a Mormon, there's not much left!"

• 4 weeks later...
surgicalsense
Once two Utah mountain lions met after not seeing each other for many years, one was fat and the other famished.

The fat one asked, "Hey Pete, you don't look so good, are you getting enough to eat?"

The other replied, "I don't understand it Joe, I catch plenty of Mormons, but I just can't seem to gain any weight."

"Well, let me watch you in action, maybe you're not doing it right."

So they went to Pete's favorite spot where he awaited an approaching Mormon. As he came near, Pete sprang at him from a big boulder with a horrifying roar and quickly devoured him.

Then Joe said to him, "I see your problem, Pete, you're scarring them too much. When you scare the crap out of a Mormon, there's not much left!"

:lol:

IMG_0129Large.jpg

Holy smokin' coralz. That looks too fantastic. Right there in the center, is that a Ponape witha Pink bird at the back of it?

Kat, she tells me he goes by Jose during the week, and Josephina on the weekends.

How is Monday Jose?

NanoTopia

Amazingly beautiful, are those 2 peppermint hogfish I see?

I read backwards in your thread and saw they are Orange Lined Cardinals, how are they in the tank?

miniwhinny

WOW!!!

Love your tank! There's so much color in there :) Nothing seems to be suffering for the lack of a skimmer.

TheNordCelt
Holy smokin' coralz. That looks too fantastic. Right there in the center, is that a Ponape witha Pink bird at the back of it?

Thanks! I'm not sure, I got the frag so long ago Here is a better picture.

IMG_0140Large.jpg

How is Monday Jose?

Sadly, Jose was eaten by one of the nems.

Amazingly beautiful, are those 2 peppermint hogfish I see?

I read backwards in your thread and saw they are Orange Lined Cardinals, how are they in the tank?

Thanks!They are great, I'm pretty sure they are spawning too

WOW!!!

Love your tank! There's so much color in there :) Nothing seems to be suffering for the lack of a skimmer.

Thanks!

TheNordCelt

Oh yeah, its definitely 2 pieces. I mounted them together on purpose.

I know, I was pretty upset. I'm going to do a dedicated puffer tank soon. I think they would do well in sps only, but nems and LPS seem to sting them pretty badly. My first one died this way also. I was moving and couldn't find him, and later found him in a nem after I arrived at the new place.

Archived