Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

75gal planted/ sand flats

D3monic

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol:

i think its pretty cool. its not suppose to be a reef tank, its suppose to be sand flats. thats why the rocks are different then reef tanks

Yes I realize this, but a rock like that with a HUGE hole in it would never exist in nature, let alone in a sea grass habitat. Those rocks wouldn't exist anywhere, be it reef, lagoon, or any other biotope, they are too delicate looking.

I do apologize for not offering very constructive criticism earlier though.

There are arches like that in the ocean. Currents do that to rock. It will look perfectly natural when it gets covered in feather dusters, macros, algae, and coralline.

Sand storm has finally settled after 3 long days. Now its just the agonizing wait until friday when I can order the lights and some live rock from sealife so i can get the cycle rocking

IMG_0467.jpg

Sand storm has finally settled after 3 long days. Now its just the agonizing wait until friday when I can order the lights and some live rock from sealife so i can get the cycle rocking

IMG_0467.jpg

Awh. i came to late. when i saw you sump i was like OH NOOOO. your going to have a big problem with toping off if you dont have an ATO. i made that mistake and i have to put 1g of FW into my 75g everyday. its pretty anooying.

Nice rockwork though! :D

skimlessinseattle

IMG_0467.jpg

I gotta say I really like how this has ended up. I just read through the thread and like the direction you are taking. The scape reminds me of stargate, especially with the swirling sands. Perhaps a gimic tank.... ;)

In all seriousness, I can't wait to see this come together.

Heres a horrible drawing showing kind of what I have in mind....Not definate but general.

Mydrawingsucks.jpg

Any other open available space on the rocks will be for misc coral like mushrooms or zoanthids.

tht sux. my lil bro has swine flu lol

oh. that sucks...

thankfully i dont think i have that.

but i do have some weird viri still in me. -_-

PS we should stop hijacking D3's thread. ;)

its the best action this thread has gotten in a while...please proceed.

:lol:

seriously? :mellow:

i dont think you want your thread hijacked... trust me... ;)

and i think NB is offline anyways :(

After all the work I put into staining the damn thing? Hell no....I got the lights now so I can start building the canopy.

you stained it that color and you got a black trimmed tank :huh: i dun get it...

150 for the corallimorph? i have a few of a smaller variety in my tank. the only rock I've owned comes from fiji. Mine have white tips and magenta stalks, not much bigger then a tac. the hardest part is trying to get them fed so I can get more of em.

Archived