Cultivated Reef

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody is interested in frags, I am willing to cut just about anything in my tank...within reason, so PLEASE feel free to let me know if anybody seriously wants a frag of anything. I am actually getting ready to send a box to Michigan later this week....

Happy Corals should be in every tank in the country!!! (Sorry, but I only ship within the lower 48)

Mitch

I would be proud to have my Happy Corals in your tank Weetie...let me know when you are ready...

JKUNZ, if you want a frag of the desalwii I could add it into the upcoming shipment. I don't have anything cut and healed yet, so it might be better after a few weeks...I know you will want another fix soon anyway! :D

I'm just anxious to see how this little guy does in my reef...I assume it will do really well, based upon my Blastos, open brain, etc....I will try for more varieties if this one does well....

Gotta say though, it sure is a pretty one for a "test frag".... :)

mitch, hows the superman and tort growing? when to you expect us to swap? i can snap a piece off the forest fire digi but the garf is going to be awhile, maybe sawp for one then pay for the other, and save the garf for that acan when it grows out......

I am thinking toward the end of the month...Superman's just taking off, noticed this week..I would love to give it a few more weeks...then I will cut ONE frag...the tort is going to be a while yet too....we can prob do some Superman for Forest Fire and then see what happens by the time your Bonsai grows out....

I am thinking toward the end of the month...Superman's just taking off, noticed this week..I would love to give it a few more weeks...then I will cut ONE frag...the tort is going to be a while yet too....we can prob do some Superman for Forest Fire and then see what happens by the time your Bonsai grows out....

Sounds like a plan, I'd put the forestfire on the softies side since the less light it gets the greener it gets.

Okay, so brain damage, old age, not enough sleep and probably a few mental ports clogged up with old bong resin, but I obviously forgot to finish the pictures the other day.

I guess I owe y'all some FTS's and area shots so here are a few of those:

CIMG1670.jpg

CIMG1708.jpg

CIMG1634.jpg

CIMG1688.jpg

CIMG1679.jpg

CIMG1667.jpg

CIMG1549.jpg

CIMG1724.jpg

CIMG1647.jpg

CIMG1506-1.jpg

CIMG1595.jpg

CIMG1486.jpg

CIMG1449.jpg

Gracious, these guys are ugly when they are asleep:

SleepingFoxface.jpg

CIMG1450.jpg

CIMG1201.jpg

CIMG1167.jpg

CIMG0862.jpg

Just a few more random pictures. There are between 75 and 80 varieties of coral in this 75 Gallon display.

And counting.... :D

Mitch

In the pic with your rabbitfish, what is that sticking out of the hole above his tail?

Yup, that would be Lumpy the Monster Serpent star...his body disk is half dollar size and his arms are like 5 inches long...great scavenger...

And Man...is that one pi$$ed off looking foxface!!! He was actually sleeping...flash pic...

A few new pics of the same corals...

This one wasn't steady enough, it's handheld, but you can see some polyp extension...not bad for 4 days in my tank!

IMG_0595.jpg

Here is the Area 51 Favia...

IMG_0585.jpg

Pavona maldivensis...

IMG_0579.jpg

Purple Slimer...

IMG_0572.jpg

Big Yellow Acro mille...it'a nearing 7 inches tall!

IMG_0571.jpg

Enjoy....

Mitch

Put me on the list for the cyphastrea, god I'm going to have no room left, between you're stuff and the order I'm doing with biblesue soon! :lol:

another cool "Berore and After" set...

A friend gave me this neat tabling frag last Summer:

CIMG0864.jpg

Little did I know that it would become this:

IMG_0557.jpg

That's what I call Happy Coral!!!

Well, I hope others share my appreciation for what they do....If it wasn't for the willing young Men and Women in our Armed Forces none of this would ever be possible...Everyone must remember, we don't have to support a war, but we better support those fighting it....

said by a proud American Veteran.

Thanks Mitch, Ill be sure to let them know they have the support here at home. I count my blessing everyday that Im living in freedom because I know what kind of hell hole they are in right now.

Archived