Coral Vue Hydros

my new cadlight 4g

nickfd3s

New update. Another bad cellphone picture since I can't find any type of white balance on my camera. It's been awhile since I kinda lost my job so I've even slowed down on water changes, but I'm trying to keep it pretty healthy. Still a ton to learn. And still looking to meet some local reefers!

fts3.jpg

I forget all thats added... a mp10 and I love it. a small halloween hermit, emerald crab (hes being nice for now), im sure some new zoa's/pallys but I forget what ones. My clown gobby is still really shy but it eats every chance it can.

new shot! again...camera doesn't do justice :(

newfts.jpg

----------

Well, I just got this the other day from a fellow reefer off the forums.(thanks again) Glad to get back into the scene again. Its my 2nd tank I've had but I'm still somewhat new. tempted to get some cree's to mod the stock setup somehow, its a little too white for my taste but its good for stock. If any of you are near/in Corona CA let me know, would be nice to know some people close by. :)

its only been up a day, no cool hitchhikers yet. lol

I think the rock might be a little too big, I'm not too sure I like it 100% right now.

was going to go with the fiji rock but all the stuff I looked at wasn't to my taste at all, ended up going with this hatian rock, I haven't heard much about it besides that it tends to have more flat surfaces.

Very much looking forward to adding the cuc and zoa's whenever the water would be ready! :D

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MjkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MzAuanBn.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still a bit cloudy, and I'm not too sure about the very top rock. still have a few pieces I'm not going to put in there, put them in a box for maybe frags later. Just feel bad about killing too much if i remove the rocks. lol

utf-8BSU1BRzA0MzEuanBn.jpg

I don't plan on having any sps at the moment, at least not until later on if I get a better led setup. But I think I need a little more then the stock pump and Im not sure I can go much bigger inside there. Also the koralia nano power head seems like it would take up a lot of room if i went with that.

• 2 weeks later...

My 3G tanks are having a hard time adjusting to the flow from a Koralia 900. So I can't even imagine what an mp10 would be like on a small tank like this!

i saw a guy on here that has a mp10 in his 5 gallon Ecopico. he said the LFS guy laughed at him and said " yeah it will work if you turn it all the way down" lol!

I almost bought one of these 4 gallon Cad's during the black Friday sale... but ended up getting a ecopico

good luck! not a ton of info on how well the lights work for growing corals... please keep this thread going because i think a lot of people are interested in these tanks

good luck and following

EZ

yay ugly cycling sand lol

Would a mp10es be too much flow for this 4g?

I have the same tank with an mp10es 50% reefcrest mode.

the 1 big rock would have been perfect with zoas...but you can still use zoas for the current scape.

when you have one big rock like that, encrusting corals and zoas are the best for it.

• 2 weeks later...

yay updated pictures from today. not sure what kind of zoa's these are, besides the blue ones.

tank1.jpg

tank3.jpg

Any idea what this mushroom is called? was a HH

tank2.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank5.jpg

just run out of room so fast in this tank when adding frags, wish i could take some of the stuff off the smaller rocks and glue them on the bigger ones so i don't run out of space. any advise?

just run out of room so fast in this tank when adding frags, wish i could take some of the stuff off the smaller rocks and glue them on the bigger ones so i don't run out of space. any advise?

Upgrade.

:)

haha it really is tempting, almost sad I didnt get like a 10-15gal But money issues and I do plan on moving within the next 3-5 months so I'll stick with this for now.

haha it really is tempting, almost sad I didnt get like a 10-15gal But money issues and I do plan on moving within the next 3-5 months so I'll stick with this for now.

Understood.

Not sure I follow your question.

You have frags on small rocks/plugs and want to glue/affix them to your larger rock?

If so, just trim the rock/plug down as much as possible and glue it someplace else.

Well, you see the small rock with the mushroom (whatever kind it is) and some zoa's only on the corner? I would like to take the zoa's off and glue to the bigger rock. and I've never moved a mushroom before, just don't want to hurt anything.

Archived